Introduction New Here And A Few Questions

Spartan

Novice
Jan 10, 2013
Okay, So I'd like to join the community. I been searching a while for something like this. I'm glad somebody made this website.

I'm Grant, my Gamertag is Spartan3615. I currently live in Malaysia (Although, I am American), so my time zone is a bit difficult (utc + 8:00). I like almost all custom games that are different from the usual matchmaking. I only have time to play on the weekends.

I look forward to some custom games, but I have a few questions.
Is the time it displays for the custom game lobby converted into my time? When it says 8:00 pm (-08:00
pst) what is it in my time?
Also do i need a mic to play? Mine is broke.

Thanks in advance.

Reactions: Insane54

King Ventura

Novice
Jan 10, 2013
Auckland, New Zealand
I look forward to some custom games, but I have a few questions.
Is the time it displays for the custom game lobby converted into my time? When it says 8:00 pm (-08:00
pst) what is it in my time?

This.

I am wondering this also as I live in New Zealand, would help those who aren't from the US.

Insane54

Founder
Dec 23, 2012
New York, New York
www.halocustoms.com
Hello! Good to have ya, that's far away! You do not need a mic to play, unless the lobby description says otherwise!

The way I personally do it is relative to my own timezone. To make sense of that, you can think of GMT as the "standard" time. Let's say it's 5PM GMT, for explanation sake. Then, in GMT-1, the time would be one hour behind, or 4PM. In your time, it would be 8 hours ahead, so 5PM GMT = 1AM UTC. You can do the same thing for conversions between negative GMT values too; for example, right now it's 1PM GMT-5, in GMT that would be 1+5=6, then 6+8=2AM :)

Alternatively, you can use a timezone chart (google it!).

Lastly, we intend on at least TRYING to make this system as simple as possible; we're actually currently working on making it so that it auto-adjusts for your timezone :) Hopefully we'll figure it out soon!

Reactions: Spartan

King Ventura

Novice
Jan 10, 2013
Auckland, New Zealand
Lastly, we intend on at least TRYING to make this system as simple as possible; we're actually currently working on making it so that it auto-adjusts for your timezone :) Hopefully we'll figure it out soon!

That is good news indeed, website is very well layed-out and easy to navigate and with that auto-time zone system inplace will make it a breeze.