Halo New gametypes and gametype fixes

evergreen948

Master
Jan 9, 2013
Sydney, Straya
This thread is for ideas on what new gametypes you wanna see in Halo 4 and what gametypes need to be fixed.

These are my suggestions:

FIXES:
Slayer, Dominion, CTF, Extraction etc.
With the new weapon tuning coming in a couple of weeks, many of the balancing issues for this gametype should be fixed, though we'll have to wait and see. While I'm not a fan of the loadouts and ordinance, I do understand many people like these changes so not much else needs to be done.

Flood
Why... Infection was just soo much better and I don't think anyone would be upset if this mode was completely redone to play like it did before. If 343 didn't wanna completely scrap the models of the flood, at least give them the same traits as before, decrease the f cking lunge distance and LET US CUSTOMISE THE MODE FOR CUSTOMS!!! That is all.

Lightning Flag CTF
I love Action Sack for the most part but this just ruins the entire playlist. In theory, it could be a great mode. Make the kills work like SWAT, 1-shot headshot, 3 for the body, make movement speed, gravity, jump height etc. all on normal and make the flag defendable, not returned instantly when you walk over it.

Grifball
Change isn't needed here but maybe a new variant in which the player with the ball cannot attack and passing is near essential to score. This would greatly help team play, which a "sport" like that should definitely have.

NEW MODES:
Classic Slayer and Classic CTF
The one thing we need gametype-wise is a mode that plays like Halo 2/3. No sprint. Old spawning. Old movement. Old damage/resistance etc. Playing an ACTUAL Halo 3 gametype in Halo 4 is something I've wanted for months and hopefully, we get something like this.

Race
Who can disagree?

Invasion
This mode was the shit back in Reach. It does suck that we don't have elites in matchmaking, but this gametype would be great regardless so long as It's done right... Do it on forged maps built specifically for Invasion and bring more balanced tiers of weapons. Have interesting and varying objectives (such as the good old bomb) and base it on what we got in Reach.

VIP
This should just replace Team Regicide...

Juggernaut
This should just replace Regicide...

Anyway, what are your thoughts? What do you wanna see brought back, introduced, fixed or taken out completely?

Reactions: NinetysBorn

FREEDOM COBRA

Distinguished
Jan 18, 2013
United States, Mississippi
Lightning Flag CTF
I love Action Sack for the most part but this just ruins the entire playlist. In theory, it could be a great mode. Make the kills work like SWAT, 1-shot headshot, 3 for the body, make movement speed, gravity, jump height etc. all on normal and make the flag defendable, not returned instantly when you walk over it.

Nope I love this its awesome how it is.

VIP
This should just replace Team Regicide...
Never replace Regicide, but VIP would be OK.

Juggernaut
This should just replace Regicide...
I hate Juggernaut!

The rest I agree with, especially the Flood... Must sprint.

NinetysBorn

Master
Jan 29, 2013
California USA
Wow this is a really great post. Pretty much agree with everything on here. You should send this to thfe or some of the staff here on HaloCustoms.com. I'd love to see Flood fixed and a classic slayer game type added into matchmaking. Also, rocket race was the shit back in Halo 3 too ;)