Map Preview Narrows Jr

FragsturBait

Expert
Jan 22, 2013
Colorado, USA
I've been working on a version of narrows for those cute little mini Spartans. So far Slayer and CTF are supported. Construction is complete. I just need to finish setting up gametypes, spawning, and safe/kill barriers.

Mini-FlagonNarrows_zpsa8274a77.jpg

Buddy

Master
Feb 8, 2013
Germany
www.youtube.com
Hahaha, just a nice idea xD The little spartan holding the flag looks just awesome and kind of interesting. The map looks very similiar to the original aswell, good job!

FragsturBait

Expert
Jan 22, 2013
Colorado, USA
Very nice. What scare are most people doing with these? I want to make one.

I think about half size? There is also a mini version of The Pit that was my inspiration for this little side project. Here's a link to the thread. If you do decide to make one, remember that the Spartan models and hitboxes are shrunk, but physics still think you're normal size, meaning you still have to forge spaces that normal Spartans can move through.

I'm really loving forging for tiny Spartans. You have to think about how you're using your pieces very differently, but you have some more room in terms of budget, because you don't need to build quite so large. I'm thinking about doing an original map for them next.

FragsturBait

Expert
Jan 22, 2013
Colorado, USA
I played a full-sized Narrows last night that worked fine so I know that can be done. Would I be correct in assuming that a mini version would take fewer pieces to build?

You would. Budget is hovering right at $5000. That's with weapons placed and some decent (but unnecessary) asthetics added in. Which version of Narrows did you play? I've played Ducain23's version (Atrocity) and it's damn near flawless.

Reactions: Wakko45

Indie Anthias

Master
Jan 14, 2013
Yep, Atrocity's the one, a very enjoyable and accurate remake.
I started my miniature map yesterday (I think I'll call it Gnat's Nest), so within the next week we should have one more to play. A session for these is a must.

Reactions: Wakko45

FragsturBait

Expert
Jan 22, 2013
Colorado, USA
So I guess I should warn everyone that vehicles don't shrink, and you should probably stick to 4v4 maps and smaller. I'd love to see a tiny size Rat's Nest, and that name is just too perfect. Can't wait to see what you come up with. Also, I found a mini version of Sanctuary, it's called (you're gonna love it) Smallsylum. Doesn't seem to be on his fileshare, but I posted in the thread asking about it.