Gaming N64 HD setup help Request

FREEDOM COBRA

Distinguished
Jan 18, 2013
United States, Mississippi
I have a flat screen HD emerson TV, and I want to setup my N64. I've done multiple searches and none of the forum posts/videos have been able to tell me what I'm doing wrong. I'm not going to lie, I don't have much knowledge about how any of this works. I've seen people playing their N64 on HD TVs with little issues other than screen problems. I have the components as follows: Red to Red, White to White, Yellow to Blue. My television has no yellow and I heard Blue or Green would work just as if it were Yellow. Its worth saying that the input on my TV that normally says "video" now says "component" ever since I plugged them in so the TV's component ports are working. The N64's red light on the front is on as well, which is probably a good sign. Something worrying is that while it is on it makes no noise, I can't remember if it is supposed to make noise or not so I have no idea if that's bad, but I also don't know if the game is running as I can't see the screen. Please Help.

Jan 16, 2013
With retro systems the highest "definition" you can use for output is S-Video.

Step 1: Buy an S-Video Cable for your console

Step 2: Buy a HD Upscaler (S-Video/Composite - HDMI adapter)

Step 3: Wire it all up

Step 4: Enjoy playing your retro system in the highest quality possible

This isn't the cheapest solution, but it is arguably the best :)

On another note, get a dreamcast, that thing supports native VGA output :D

FREEDOM COBRA

Distinguished
Jan 18, 2013
United States, Mississippi
Dude, just get a 3DS, that has Starfox 64, and it will have the NEW smash bros.

1. Costs more
2. Smaller screen
3. Its not the same as fumbling with my Frankenstein controller
4. I have alot of memories tied in to that thing
5. The original reason I got it out was for looks because around a months ago I boxed up my PS2, but my area looks empty there now so I wanted to put a console I thought looked good in its place until I put my Xbox One there. After getting the N64 out I had an urge to play Super Smash Bros. eventually to play(prior to add's help) I set it up to a really old ~19" TV and played a little. It actually still had my save from long ago, with Captain Falcon unlocked. I don't know why that surprised me but it was pleasant to see.