• Montages aren't for you?

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

the night bat

Qualified
Feb 2, 2013
hey guys, i was just wondering, i watch a lot of halo montages and i was wondering, which type of montages does the rest of the community prefer. in my mind, there are lots of different kinds of montages, does everyone have the same mindset as me, or do we all differ in our preference.

night bat, out.

Ariel Morgan

Adept
Dec 27, 2012
Oak Park, MI
I think that in order to best advertise what you are displaying you need to make the distinction of what people will be watching.

For me, I think that you should have a multitude of "Top 10s" of all different types of plays, which then (after some arbitrary period) are compiled into a "Best of X period" montage.

This does a multitude of things:

1) Captures specific audiences and makes plays easier to categorize/find
2) Encourages people to come back for the "Best ofs"
3) Gives possible "contests" (Do X silly thing montage)
4) Allows for the most "top plays" to be displayed (I love seeing all the great plays!)

Categories are important, I loved how Machinima did the Halo 3 montages (Anoj). But I would have liked to see more compilations of the truly great plays (top ten of the month, top ten every 2 weeks).

MLG should be it's own category, not the only replays people are watching. Some of the best plays come from the general community, pro highlight plays are harder to find so you will have volume limitations, whereas, with the community, you may have too much volume (but you're guaranteed some crazy plays).

I would never make "Pro-only" montages.

Ariel Morgan

Adept
Dec 27, 2012
Oak Park, MI
lots of people do though
And, I was only stating what I would do.

Considering that I would like to get to all the markets I can, I would obviously make MLG montages, but I would make MLG, MLG Objective, MLG Snipes all their own top 10s, not just "OMG PRO MLG!!1!"

It's far too specific to garner a long time audience... And you lose out on all the fun montages (Fails, Vehicles, Contests, Armor Abilities, etc)

I also want to make everyone aware, there is an "Edit" function