Mini Game Mongoose Mayhem

El1T3x10 RAP1Dz

Proficient
Apr 13, 2013
Atlanta, Georgia
Mongoose Mayhem (version 1.1) - Fight to the death on mongooses with a partner. 2 lives, so don't die!

Fight to the death on mongooses with a partner. 2 lives, so don't die!

This idea was inspired by both the Drag Race and Jousting Minigames. To win, reach the score limit before anybody else. If you decide to be a douche and get off the mongoose, you will be punished by an extra slow movement speed. The map features many jumps and diverse driving lanes.

Load outs include:
Beam Rifle
Concussion (soon to be removed)
StickyDet
SAW
Sword (may soon be replaced with the Scattershot)

There are two people per team, with 2 lives each. Will be updated to have one life and increased damage resistance.

View attachment 5014
View attachment 5015
View attachment 5016
View attachment 5017

Read more about this map...

RogerDodger

Master
Jan 20, 2013
USA
I played this in Mist's lobby. The arena itself was pretty entertaining, but the health system was flawed. It took us extremely long to get the Overshield down, and fearing we would be at it forever, we just decided to hop off of the Mongooses and kill each other. When it came to the weapons, we felt like there were imbalances with the Beam Rifle's headshot capability being too high.

Here's how I would fix it, personally. First, make all the weapons randomized. Instead of relying on a comprehensive weapon balancing or one-option-only system, allow randomness to dictate how players must adapt. Next, lower the damage it takes to kill, while adding more functional cover about the arena. Bridges were fun and all, but they honestly offered little in that respect. Consider also adding some Mongoose Dominion pads, or placed Mongooses, around the map in inconspicuous places. It allows for players to have a chance to get back onto a Mongoose if it's been blasted a good distance away by the enemies.

Hopefully that didn't seem too harsh - but there is room for improvement.

Great Mist

Master
Jan 18, 2013
Where the Mist takes me
youtube.com
I played this in Mist's lobby. The arena itself was pretty entertaining, but the health system was flawed. It took us extremely long to get the Overshield down, and fearing we would be at it forever, we just decided to hop off of the Mongooses and kill each other. When it came to the weapons, we felt like there were imbalances with the Beam Rifle's headshot capability being too high.

Here's how I would fix it, personally. First, make all the weapons randomized. Instead of relying on a comprehensive weapon balancing or one-option-only system, allow randomness to dictate how players must adapt. Next, lower the damage it takes to kill, while adding more functional cover about the arena. Bridges were fun and all, but they honestly offered little in that respect. Consider also adding some Mongoose Dominion pads, or placed Mongooses, around the map in inconspicuous places. It allows for players to have a chance to get back onto a Mongoose if it's been blasted a good distance away by the enemies.

Hopefully that didn't seem too harsh - but there is room for improvement.

Damn I was just about to rate this lobby too :p