MCC Team Race concept... up for any Forgers

Stevo

The Grinchmind
Dec 31, 2012
United Kingdom
So I was looking about IGN First to see what the general public thought about Forge, and I stumbled across a comment from one of the guys there that suggested using switches in Race to make it like a kids Scalextric track... but I thought to myself, that wouldn't really work for scoring, and there'd be very little replayability once the initial "freshness" of scripting wears off, much like including water in maps on Reach did.

This led me to think of a potential concept that any Forger can attempt and it's a spin on the Race variant we all know, and it's to have a "Team Race".
The concept is simple; 1 player drives around a track, another player runs around a separate track. 2v2v2v2. Every player has their own track, and tracks can "change lanes" etc...

The objective will be for the player on the Gungoose to drive through their track and reach the goal markers to score points. The Gungoose could have a variety of "shoot-to-activate" switches that open doors for the player on foot, and the player on foot will have a number of switches to activate that open doors / spawn ramps / spawn bridges, for the player on the Gungoose.

An example of track switching could be for players on foot could reach a point in their track where they have to jump from pedestal to pedestal, avoiding falling to their death, and pick the right track to resume (which can be labeled by the teams colour) so they proceed down the correct path to operate the next switch. This can also be applied to the vehicle track if a "round-a-bout" junction is made where players enter and drive round a series of circles looking for their required exit.

I'm not the best at making Race tracks, or making them interesting, and I know there are a lot of Forgers on here who are far better than me that could turn this concept into something truly brilliant and enjoyable!

Reactions: Psychoduck