Puzzle Maze of Order

paulyester

Novice
Mar 1, 2013
Maze of Order (version 1.0) - 6 different puzzle areas, each with their own unique mechanics.

Please inform me when you break the map and skip half of the puzzles so I can fix it. :D

This is a very complex single player puzzle map. The goal is to reach the oddball using my oddball gametype cleverly named "Maze Gametype." Everything you do in each of the 6 different colored areas will be something new that you will not have done before and require knowledge of Halo 4 mechanics or a clever mind to figure it out. Each of the different colored puzzle areas (cyan, purple, green,...

Read more about this map...

paulyester

Novice
Mar 1, 2013
When I click the Download Map button it is taking me to the original map, not the updated version. Even though I have deleted the original off my fileshare. Anyone want to inform me what's happening?

Player

Master
Feb 10, 2013
Maine
When I click the Download Map button it is taking me to the original map, not the updated version. Even though I have deleted the original off my fileshare. Anyone want to inform me what's happening?
When you delete the map from your file share, it doesnt delete it from the Halo data base. You have to provide an updated link of your map when making the update, and also (if you're updating the game type too) you have to go in and "edit" your map and replace the old custom game type link with the new one. :y: By the way, Buddy and I played your map, and founds some breaks and problems with it, which I'm sure Buddy will tell you about soon.. :D (Buddy, this is the part where you reply below)

paulyester

Novice
Mar 1, 2013
I did provide an updated link and I changed the gametype too. The gametype works but the map doesn't (on my end at least) Of course obviously I didn't do it right, first map submission so I guess I'm bound to have some problems. I'll figure it out. Thank you for playing it and responding and I'm looking forward to feedback =)

paulyester

Novice
Mar 1, 2013
I'll just point out that I don't mind the different routes you can take in the jumping sections. I feel that these don't take away from the game and I'm fine with any shortcut that doesn't cut out a puzzle, but getting from point A to B can be done however you want. There is also a knowledge checkpoint that I'm fine with, where someone could start the map and instantly gain access to the third area because they know how to get in. This is intentional.

Buddy

Master
Feb 8, 2013
Germany
www.youtube.com
I'll just point out that I don't mind the different routes you can take in the jumping sections. I feel that these don't take away from the game and I'm fine with any shortcut that doesn't cut out a puzzle, but getting from point A to B can be done however you want. There is also a knowledge checkpoint that I'm fine with, where someone could start the map and instantly gain access to the third area because they know how to get in. This is intentional.
The thing is with a spring jump you can get through the orange section pretty easily... Or the golf ball. With just trying it out at the wall coliseum. But it's ok. ;)
A thing you *need* to change are the pulse grenade jumps.... They are too inconsistent and with that too hard. I haven't seen the part after the nades, so I can't tell you anything about it.

paulyester

Novice
Mar 1, 2013
pulse.... grenade... jumps? uhhh lol you must have done that part wrong Buddy! I'll try to think a way I can convey what you have to do there better. Also, I was sure you were going to say "yeaaaa the shield doors doesn't stop the Mantis" Cause originally I wanted the player to have to jump off the mantis to get over it. But I found it way too humorous that you can just smash through it so I left it like that. =P Also, I tried to make the orange section soccer ball jump more exact, so it would be harder to just mess around and get it, but if I raise the turret up any higher then it just doesn't work at all. *shrug*

Buddy

Master
Feb 8, 2013
Germany
www.youtube.com
pulse.... grenade... jumps? uhhh lol you must have done that part wrong Buddy! I'll try to think a way I can convey what you have to do there better. Also, I was sure you were going to say "yeaaaa the shield doors doesn't stop the Mantis" Cause originally I wanted the player to have to jump off the mantis to get over it. But I found it way too humorous that you can just smash through it so I left it like that. =P Also, I tried to make the orange section soccer ball jump more exact, so it would be harder to just mess around and get it, but if I raise the turret up any higher then it just doesn't work at all. *shrug*
Pulse Grenade Jumps = Purple section (floaty)

Good. :y: