Matchmaking map submission

BlazeDillon

Proficient
Jan 25, 2013
Where do you make submissions these days? I heard they don't really use blueprint anymore but with the recent map additions they are obviously still accepting maps.

Link please?

REMkings

BIOC Leader, Flood Guru
Jan 1, 2013
Where do you make submissions these days? I heard they don't really use blueprint anymore but with the recent map additions they are obviously still accepting maps.

Link please?
Things go through Cartographers mostly these days. If you think your maps are good enough, try and befriend one. I won't give out any names to keep people from spamming, but if you just constantly bring out quality products, they'll probably approach you themselves as time goes on.

EDIT: Didn't realize it was you, Blaze. You'll probably already have some of them in your friends list. :p

Last edited:
Jan 29, 2013
Go to halo waypoint web site, then to war games feedback forum, and post to matchmaking map submission thread.

https://forums.halowaypoint.com/yaf_postst186149_Submit-a-Map-for-Matchmaking.aspx

The problem with blueprint is homeboyd has disengaged, and I think in large part due to the collapse of interest by those who frequented the site. It seemed to me to be the best way - there was plenty of healthy feedback, because getting your map ready to submit was the purpose of blueprint. The other cartographers don't really have a general mechanism to present your maps to them for review and that leads to discouraging forgers who have talent but are not on the friends lists of any cartographer. The bottom line is you will want to get your map in front of a cartographer to get it noticed or in front of someone who knows a cartographer and likes it enough to push it in front of the cartographer.

All submissions go through cartographers. And there comes a point where all feedback can go silent. Also 343 has a policy they never tell you why they reject your map. This is a wise decision on their part but it leaves aspiring forgers wondering why? It literally hinders personal skill growth not to receive feedback. And I really think a large part of this policy is due to the subjective nature involved and has little to do with improving forge skills. In other words, sometimes they pick map A over map B simply because they were looking for one like it.

Last edited:
Reactions: Buddy and REMkings
Mar 30, 2013
The other cartographers don't really have a general mechanism to present your maps to them for review and that leads to discouraging forgers who have talent but are not on the friends lists of any cartographer.

We're working on providing a mechanism to solve this problem in the future.

Blaze - for now, you can forward your matchmaking map submissions to me via HC or XBL.

As Green stated above, sometimes we look for maps that provide a specific experience in order to fill a void in MM. This was the case with the new Community Forge Race maps and new Team Slayer maps. We are always looking for new creative experiences to implement into Matchmaking, and often times hold on to submissions for weeks or months until the right opportunity arises to put the map in.

Reactions: Psychoduck
Mar 30, 2013
Fated ... the map submission thread on waypoint. People are still using that. Is it not a practical vehicle any longer?

Some Cartographers frequently pull map submissions from that thread. Personally, I do not think the map submission thread on Waypoint is a sufficient method. Posting options to present map submissions are super limited on Waypoint, and I personally frequent the forge sections of Halo community sites far more often so that I can see embedded images or video presentation of the map before I take a closer look in game.

HaloCustoms currently provides the best map presentation options. Posting maps here, whether it be an official map listing or a map preview, is one of the better ways to get maps noticed by us.

Last edited:
Jan 29, 2013
This is good to know. A blueprint type of site with the expressed purpose of existing is to help get promising maps ready for playlist submission would be nice,

BlazeDillon

Proficient
Jan 25, 2013
Thanks everyone. I appreciate it. :)

We're working on providing a mechanism to solve this problem in the future.

Blaze - for now, you can forward your matchmaking map submissions to me via HC or XBL.

Will do, thank you. I have a 2v2 map I'd like to show you and have you help me out with if you find it to be nearly good enough for a future addition.

Also, I don't know how much weight CCs have on this aspect of matchmaking but how would you feel about a possible Head to head playlist returning at some point. 1v1s would be easily populated and a competitive change from race when that has had it's time. Rail would be a familiar map that would be easily adapted into it and the community has some good ones made and well tested already. Just a thought I figured I'd bring up. If and when we play a match on my map, we can talk more so we don't have to bump this anymore.