Not open for further replies.

wizton

Master
Sep 17, 2013
England
www.youtube.com
Mall (version 1.1) - Newly made, may need balancing, By wizton

Here goes:

Mall is a relatively small map going by its width and length, but its height (3 levels) triples its play area, and opens up vast amounts of sight lines and trick jumps. It has 2 initial power weapon spawns, one rocket, one sniper, and a 60 second resupply of frag grenades throughout the game. (The Sniper respawns 3 times per match, the rocket launcher only 2. [In a full 15 minute game maybe 3 also]). Generally all sight lines suit the BR well, this is the recommended choice of...

Read more about this map...

El1T3x10 RAP1Dz

Proficient
Apr 13, 2013
Atlanta, Georgia
If you're going for a "mall" theme, I would suggest using a ceiling and lots of glass if possible. I would also have suggested making individual rooms for storefronts. This is all under the assumption that this is a mall and is not just named that. Other than that, it looks pretty good.

Reactions: wizton

wizton

Master
Sep 17, 2013
England
www.youtube.com
If you're going for a "mall" theme, I would suggest using a ceiling and lots of glass if possible. I would also have suggested making individual rooms for storefronts. This is all under the assumption that this is a mall and is not just named that. Other than that, it looks pretty good.

thanks, I was kinda going with the whole mall theme, but based more on the placement of objects than their aesthetics, thats a good idea though, might try it out :)

Zandril

HC Veteran
May 2, 2013
42 Wallaby Way, Sydney
www.youtube.com
This is your first competitive map so I wouldn't go overboard with feedback.

Red platform seems a bit empty and open and there seems to be a lack of hard routes from the lower levels to the top levels. I can see gameplay on this map being a bit stale as I don't see the map's flow peaking anywhere and there is nothing really interesting about it making the map come off as very generic.

Keep in mind though that I've only observed the screenshots of the map.

wizton

Master
Sep 17, 2013
England
www.youtube.com
This is your first competitive map so I wouldn't go overboard with feedback.

Red platform seems a bit empty and open and there seems to be a lack of hard routes from the lower levels to the top levels. I can see gameplay on this map being a bit stale as I don't see the map's flow peaking anywhere and there is nothing really interesting about it making the map come off as very generic.

Keep in mind though that I've only observed the screenshots of the map.

Thanks ;) I did kind of realise the exact things you said when I did a quick FFA test with my friends, when I was making the map I was more or less hoping that the large space on the middle floor (like guardian) to be the centre of play, but frankly I now see this map as a fail, though this has inspired me to make a flood map I am currently working on so I guess it has helped :)

Reactions: Zandril

Zandril

HC Veteran
May 2, 2013
42 Wallaby Way, Sydney
www.youtube.com
Thanks ;) I did kind of realise the exact things you said when I did a quick FFA test with my friends, when I was making the map I was more or less hoping that the large space on the middle floor (like guardian) to be the centre of play, but frankly I now see this map as a fail, though this has inspired me to make a flood map I am currently working on so I guess it has helped :)

Don't worry about it. It was your first map. I'm yet to meet a forger whose first map ever was a success.

wizton

Master
Sep 17, 2013
England
www.youtube.com
Don't worry about it. It was your first map. I'm yet to meet a forger whose first map ever was a success.

meh, though it has been a huge help, I didn't realise making competitive maps is a completely different way of forging behind it, my whole forging 'career' has been around Minigames, puzzle maps and flood maps, thanks for the help though :)

Status
Not open for further replies.