Mini Game Lumberyard

ChancierHornet

Qualified
Nov 14, 2013
Auckland, New Zealand
Lumberyard (version 1.0) - An insane Team Slayer variation focused on using trees for weapons.

Fight within the confines of one of the many UNSC foundries, this one in particular, being used to produce the many wooden pallets found throughout the Human transport industry. Due to this map's small size yet highly broken sight-lines, both slow and hectic action can be experienced depending on the number of players present on the battlefield. Red and Blue teams only in this variant for the moment. *MUST BE USED WITH THE "TIMBER" GAMETYPE TO ENSURE MAXIMUM HILARITY AS EVERY TREE IS LINKED TO...

Read more about this map...

ChancierHornet

Qualified
Nov 14, 2013
Auckland, New Zealand
Yeah, I just thought it would be a hilarious idea to have 10 or so players all running around with trees, bonking people on the head with them. It took forever to link all the weapons and trees together as you need to use something called user data which works kind of like teleporter channels. Every weapon has to have a different number and every tree has to match that number. From all the playtests I've done, it seems to be quite balanced. Sometimes during an online game, the effect breaks down and you just end up carrying a regular weapon but when you die, a fallen tree does mark your grave.

Reactions: GrmnEscaltrPrty
Yeah, I just thought it would be a hilarious idea to have 10 or so players all running around with trees, bonking people on the head with them. It took forever to link all the weapons and trees together as you need to use something called user data which works kind of like teleporter channels. Every weapon has to have a different number and every tree has to match that number. From all the playtests I've done, it seems to be quite balanced. Sometimes during an online game, the effect breaks down and you just end up carrying a regular weapon but when you die, a fallen tree does mark your grave.
Cant wait to play this man. My idea has been manufactured pretty well from the exemplification you wrote up of the gametype and map.