Competitive LaForge - A Star Trek Map

Apr 25, 2013

A few notes for those who want to try this out:

This map is really intended to be a recreation of the Starship Enterprise 1701-D, but aslo made to be rather playable. With that said, there are aspects of its layout that could not, for one reason or another, be improved upon for Halo gameplay. BUT if your party size is adequate, it is still fun to play through.

I've put it in the "Competetive" section because it's not a mini-game and not purely aesthetic, but it probably does offer less "competitiveness" than other maps out there which are designed purely with gameplay in mind. So have fun with this, just don't expect it to play absolutely perfectly. For architectural reasons, layout really can't be changed. (Take a look at it in Forge to see exactly why that is the case.) This level is pushed to the absolute MAX and we're lucky it even came together into a complete map in the first place. With that in mind, please enjoy this for what it is, rather than what it could be with no limits in forge.

The only real unavoidable gameplay flaw (i've fixed as much as I can) is that the Bridge (command deck) is easy to hold and just camp. To counter this, there is a teleporter that takes you directly to the bridge, where you can surprise camping enemies. Coordinate your transport to counter campers.

Transporter room - Right Teleporter takes you to bridge, near the viewscreen. Left teleporter takes you to either the top of the engine room or to the back hallways.

Apr 25, 2013
Thanks HOBOITCHY for the positive review!

As for your concern that some of the layout doesn't perfectly fit halo gameplay, I totally understand and agree. Without using modding, this was the absolute best you can do in FOrge to create a map like this. You hve to use so many types of pieces to create the halls and corridors and many of those pieces are fat, meaning they stick way out beyond where you place them. Like the Impact Station Ramps. You use one side of them, but they extrude well beyond the hallway you are creating with them. Then, that eats up space you cannot use adjacent to that piece.

Every single portion of this map was tweaked and rebuilt several times to make it work with the number of pieces they allow us in Forge, and that is why some layout sacrifices had to be made.

Enjoy this for what it is, a map that shouldn't even be possible, but was just BARELY possible to make because I refused to give up on it. It can have a competetive aspect to gameplay, but won't be perfectly balanced as you may desire.

Stay Tuned for a separate version of this specifically for FLOOD... (10,000 budget meant I had to make separate copy for flood)