Mini Game Jousting

Apr 27, 2013
UK
Jousting (version 1.0) - NO SWORDS INVOLVED. Interested? You should be...

Jousting
by Rabid MidgetMan

View attachment 3630

Introduction
"What's that you say Rabid? A jousting map without any swords?! Have you gone absolutely mad?!"

No good sir, you see they don't use swords in real life jousting either, do they? They use a thing called a lance (aka big stick), hence the name 'Sir Lancelot'. I happen to know Sir Lancelot and he approves of my jousting map. Why listen to him? Because he's good at jousting. How do I know? because if he wasn't...

Read more about this map...

RogerDodger

Master
Jan 20, 2013
USA
Yeah, not literally taking the turrets off - rather, making a trait zone / modifying gametype so that turrets cannot be used.

My only concern is how it would effect the mongoose passenger; I don't think he'd count as a "turret" but that would need to be tested.

Apr 27, 2013
UK
Yeah, not literally taking the turrets off - rather, making a trait zone / modifying gametype so that turrets cannot be used.

My only concern is how it would effect the mongoose passenger; I don't think he'd count as a "turret" but that would need to be tested.

I think what you are asking is if i could put warthogs in the map alongside the mongooses, then only have players in the side seat of the warthog. This is very easy to do but I don't think it would really improve the game since it would unbalance the gameplay a little, and mongooses feel a lot less clunky to drive and fire from. The game option that you are looking for is in base player traits -> movement -> vehicle use -> no gunner. If you'd like you could download and try that out for yourself tho :)

Buddy

Master
Feb 8, 2013
Germany
www.youtube.com
Wow, this is really an unique and great minigame!! :y:
And i think, the mongooses are the best choice, because it´s more like a "horse-feeling" than on a warthog...
I really liked your post, reminded me in some ways of the Monty Python movie "Monty Python and the Holy Grale"... Don´t know, why. :rofl:

Reactions: Rabid MidgetMan
Apr 27, 2013
UK
Wow, this is really an unique and great minigame!! :y:
And i think, the mongooses are the best choice, because it´s more like a "horse-feeling" than on a warthog...
I really liked your post, reminded me in some ways of the Monty Python movie "Monty Python and the Holy Grale"... Don´t know, why. :rofl:

Thanx! I thought i recognised your name, I downloaded your jenga map from YouTube!

I laughed when you said it reminded you of Monty Python and the Holy Grail because I've probably watched that film more than any other in my life, I guess its impacted me so much that i naturally talk in that way now :laugh:

All the maps I make are pretty unique (not necessarily good, but always unique). Have a look at my Kamikaze Banshee map, I'm pretty proud of that one :)

Reactions: Budddyyy

Buddy

Master
Feb 8, 2013
Germany
www.youtube.com
Nice, :D since I am the number one voter of maps on HC, i will surely check it out!
Haha, the Jenga map, omg... Every map on my fileshare got at least ~200 downloads (best: AC Arabia: 1200 do...) and there are just no features on Youtube, but somehow I don´t care anymore... ;)

Apr 27, 2013
UK
Nice, :D since I am the number one voter of maps on HC, i will surely check it out!
Haha, the Jenga map, omg... Every map on my fileshare got at least ~200 downloads (best: AC Arabia: 1200 do...) and there are just no features on Youtube, but somehow I don´t care anymore... ;)

Haha, mmmmm yeah i noticed you seem to have liked just about every map on this site ;)
So which of your maps are on YouTube (and how many times)? I'm interested in getting some of mine up, the only one I have on YouTube is 'Rabid Tank' (I'll be putting it on halo customs some time next week hopefully) with just over 400 downloads now. Do you also find that about half the people who download your maps don't bother to download the gametype to go with it? It drives me mad when people do that lol

Reactions: Budddyyy

Buddy

Master
Feb 8, 2013
Germany
www.youtube.com
Yeah, just ridiculous... You really need to mention it more often, so that people actually recognize it :teddy: But hey, my Jenga gametype has 3500 downloads... lolol :oops: (The only maps are "Temple Run 2", "AC: Arabia", (both one time) which were featured; the Jenga map was just a livestream)

ShockBolt21

Master
Feb 1, 2013
USA- Eastern Time Zone
All the maps I make are pretty unique (not necessarily good, but always unique). Have a look at my Kamikaze Banshee map, I'm pretty proud of that one :)
I've downloaded this map and Kami Banshees, but I gained a newfound respect for you when I read this. Good to hear that you're forging unconventionally instead of coming out with another map like any other and being all proud of it. My maps are the same idea- they're always, always different.

Last edited:
Apr 27, 2013
UK
I've downloaded this map and Kami Banshees, but I gained a newfound respect for you when I read this. Good to hear that you're forging unconventionally instead of coming out with another map like any other and being all proud of it. My maps are the same- are they good? I think they are, but that's arguable. They're always, always different, though.

Thanx, yeah i know what you mean so many people just produce basic infection and competitive maps. That's good i suppose as it makes variety, but its nice to know I'm not the only one who likes to think outside the box ;)
I think the reason i forge in this way is because i seem to enjoy designing maps in my mind more than physically forging them, so unless its original there is nothing to meditate on lol.

Your maps look good but due to exams atm im too busy to use xbox at all, when i get a chance i'll try some of yours out. Tank superiority looks particularly tempting.

It seems that I'm having halo withdrawal syptoms atm now though coz over the last 5 days i've had about 10 completely different minigame ideas, the most interesting one being a 'weeping angels' / 'slender' concept where the zombies are unable to move when you can see them. if it IS possible, it will be amazing. thanks for the downloads btw, as i said i'll try some of yours when i get a chance!

ShockBolt21

Master
Feb 1, 2013
USA- Eastern Time Zone
Thanx, yeah i know what you mean so many people just produce basic infection and competitive maps. That's good i suppose as it makes variety, but its nice to know I'm not the only one who likes to think outside the box ;)
I think the reason i forge in this way is because i seem to enjoy designing maps in my mind more than physically forging them, so unless its original there is nothing to meditate on lol.
Agreed. Seems to me like there's no point in forging a map if its already been done before.
Your maps look good but due to exams atm im too busy to use xbox at all, when i get a chance i'll try some of yours out. Tank superiority looks particularly tempting.
Thanks. If you have Forge Island, I'd recommend Scorpion Dominance instead, as it's the newer version. Same concept, but Scorpion Dominance is longer, wider, symmetrical, and the trees/rocks at the ends really enhance the combat.
And yes, exams are a bitch ;)