[Jan 5, 2013] Casually competitive customs and testing (o Nondual o)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nondual

Be in the Now
Host gamertag: o Nondual o (and “Nondual Customs” is my overflow Gamertag)

Customs Saturday night (1/4/13) at 9:00 MST 10:00 Central.
For about 3 hours

The types of games my friends and I enjoy playing would fall somewhere in middle ground between minigames/infection and MLG. Basically similar to what you will find in matchmaking but with different twists to make things fresh, balanced, and above all more exciting with lots of explosions.

A couple of examples would be:
-One flag on abandon, complex, or a custom erosion map that I made
-KOTH specialized for different maps with lots of vehicles, and weapons balanced to take vehicles out..
-Neutral bomb (griffball with weapons) on Solace (or pretty much any of the symmetrical maps.)
-Slayer and Regicide with different and awesome starting weapons on any given map.

I have a bunch of different maps and gametypes I’m working on, and I’m always on the lookout for more amazing stuff. If you want to play something, I’m always open to requests.

However, my friends and I don’t like to play too much infection or minigames unless there’s lots of action, players are encouraged NOT to hide, and everyone has unlimited lives. And a couple of MLG type games aren’t too bad either. But mainly we like to stick to the above mentioned gametypes.

I am open to helping people test out their maps. That is one of the main functions of our custom games. I have a couple of maps and mini-games myself that we will be testing.

The DLC maps are encouraged, but not required.

Having a mic, and being funny is also encouraged, but not required. (If being funny was always required, I’d have to kick myself out most of the time.) . A good rule of thumb is that players should probably be at least 17 years old. Most of the guys we game with are in their 20's to 30 and we just prefer gaming with people older than this. Sorry youngsters!

I do have several of my own regular friends that show up. We play with anywhere from 6-16 people. It just depends on who’s on.

HOW TO JOIN:
Send a message (inv if room) to my main gamertag (o Nondual o.) Also my main account’s friends list is full, but I have an overflow account (Nondual Customs) that you are welcome to send a friend request to. I also have several of the guys here on the site on my friends list (Vincent Torre, Teetmare, and Insane54.) So you might be able to find my games through them as well.

Please post below if you would like and invite, and I will do what I can to get you in as soon as possible.

Above all, I all about having fun in a constructive, polite and sometimes drunk environment (usually things are pretty ridiculous though.)

Nondual

Be in the Now
A huge thanks to everyone that made it, games just keep getting more and more fun. It seemed like everyone was having a really good time (someone said it was the most fun they’d had in customs yet,) and we had a full party the whole time. An especially big thanks to Vincent, Crox4d, Dalliant and several of the other guys for staying for the entire night, it definitely helps me host to have really solid guys in the party.

A couple of my favorite moments were when we were doing a custom CTF setting on Exile, and I had two fully loaded rocket warthogs from the other team blow up right in my face. Another awesome game was Mongoose KOTH on Randy 355's Pit remake, and we kept getting the mongooses stuck in the lifts by sniper. It was pretty hilarious to have both teams trying to earn points by jumping into the lifts, and trying to flip the mongooses out. I’ll definitely have to adjust those a little. We had a lot of really good games on really good maps.

Definitely a few hiccups though, and things I’ll have to make better. I'm glad everyone was patient. Overall I got a lot of good feedback, and I’ll keep working to refine maps and gametypes.

It’s looking like I’ll be gone for a couple of weeks with work. I’ll be hosting another Saturday night again as soon as possible. Thanks again everyone.

Tedium

I Used to be Somebody
Dec 24, 2012
UK
Yeah, I'm serious. At the very beginning, the quick scopes were pretty impressive! Of course, afterwards he kept missing, but who's perfect?

Status
Not open for further replies.