[Jan 24, 2013] 2 Forge Maps: Testing by Bob The Pea (Bob The Pea)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bob The Pea

Qualified
Jan 22, 2013
Hey there people! This is Bob The Pea, and I've got 2 incredible maps I'm wanting to get tested so I can get feedback from you on how the maps played out, how i should improve them and future maps to come (because Halo 4 Forge is RIDICULOUSLY AMAZING), and hopefully so you download them and spread "news" on how you enjoyed them.

My first map we'll play is now called Containment (it is NOT a Containment remake from Halo 2), but I am all ears to others' opinions on what it should be named. This area is a small asymmetric map on Ravine with multiple vertical floors and rooms and tight corners, which should allow for some intense 4v4 and 5v5 gameplay; maybe even more, I don't know :) There are teleporters allowing easy access to both opposite sides of the map where some power weapons are located. There are two well placed mancannons as well which lead to nice places and hideouts, along with sneaky access to campers that may lurk above. The map is mostly set up for King of the Hill, Oddball, and Slayer matches, yet Flood has been set up and seems to work rather well. This was the first map I have ever created, and I have already had some games with other people and they enjoyed it immensely.

The second map that I had actually finished last weekend (1/19-1/2),took about 10 hours, and is called Receptacle, a great outer space on Impact, allowing good CTF, small Slayer matches, and Regicide, due to its balanced areas, floors, and spawns. There are some initial ordinance drops including a Rocket Launcher in the bottom middle of the map, inducing hectic gameplay right at the start of the match, and empowering the team that receives it; an energy sword at the middle center in an close quarters area, allowing the possessor to get some easy kills and possibly allowing him to escape around its tight corners. There are two shotguns that spawn on opposite third floors of the map in small, symmetrical rooms, and a needler and SAW as random drops in two "reflecting" areas.

I'd think maps should blow your mind due to the time and effort put into it by a first-time forger. With the color coated bricks, cover and line of sight blockers, I'm sure you'll have loads fun, and excitement because of their balanced layouts. I hope you that you enjoy them. And if you do, thank you for helping me test it. DON'T FORGET TO DOWNLOAD =)

Sincerely, Bob The Pea.

Status
Not open for further replies.