Map Preview Industry

Feb 25, 2013
Howdy halo customs!
I'm back to show you guys a map I am currently working on!
This time, I'm changing things up with linear map on Erosion.
Also the theme, which may be a bit overdone, is a construction site.

"But shadow! So many people have done a linear construction site on erosion, and they all have the same layout"

"HAHAHAHAHAHA WELL STFU. I'll be happy to let you know that this map has a great twist and will be very original. "

Anyways the map is a 3-4 (depending on how you look at it) room linear map.
Now what's so different from the others is it includes a MOTHER TRUCKING MANTIS.

FUCK SHIT UP.

ugcuserfile-59dc7a8c-77cc-4a77-a7a3-569864c25b08-d585c79942d2308c-full.jpg

ugcuserfile-e61f3c91-3b1c-4ba2-8176-2977caed299d-6fcf926e6b26304f-full.jpg

The First Phase: It takes place in a two room warehouse in which the humans will hold out around the scaffolding as seen above as the flood pour out of the enclosed off area behind the oracle ball. (NOTE: There may or may not be a skill jump to get a Shotgun that is necessary for the close quarter phase ;) )

ugcuserfile-69d8999c-5759-48b7-aa4d-573bd434bed5-2de4bd330ec1ef88-full.jpg

ugcuserfile-aa16493a-967e-4ca6-96a5-2fce1f81d3ec-27013022b1f10462-full.jpg

The Second Phase: After exiting the close quarter combat that is the second phase, you will notice that this room is WAY MORE OPEN THAN THE LAST PHASE. And your right. If you saved you Battle Rifle ammo and your autosentry from the first phase, and managed to pick up the sniper rifle, then you will be holding out in STYLE.

Also, there is limited ammo in this phase due to their being a mantis, and a turret. But to balance these effects, you are holding out on the high ground, across from the door, so when the door opens, you will have to race across zombie country to get to the next door. And dont try to hold out by the door, its soft killed :p

NOT BALANCED ENOUGH?!?!? Well get this. There are also 4 zombie teleporter spawns that progressively spawn throughout the phase. SO HAH.

One more thing I should note, the mantis cannot exit this phase, SO HAVE FUN GETTING OUT :p

ugcuserfile-333f9e10-7a69-415d-a518-0f8eeac73c80-b6fccda1ab9f3813-full.jpg

Third/Fourth Phase: This room may seem a little open, but to counterbalance that, the flood will be spawning on the roof of the prebuilt building so they will have a major edge by dropping on top of you.

Since they can do that, you once again cant holdout by the door, and will be forced to holdout by the spot in the far back. Since this is only a three minute game, the door will open into the final holdout. Just as this happens, a zombie spawn will open right next to the human holdout so its once again a problem to get to final holdout.

The Final Holdout: This room is very similar to El Trocity's "Our Daily Bread" Final Holdout and once the game ends the doorway will be blocked off, symbolizing the humans survival.

IM VERY EXCITED TO GET TESTING THIS SINCE EVERY LINEAR MAP I HAVE STARTED HAS FAILED BECAUSE OF DYNAMIC LIGHTING/BUDGET PROBLEMS.

So I havent gotten any problems...yet ;)

Thanks for reading :)
tell me what you think down below.

REMkings

BIOC Leader, Flood Guru
Jan 1, 2013
I got your message via Xbox Live. I'm going on a vacation this weekend myself, so I'll see what I can do. But I'll try to test it for you!

Reactions: Shadow KryPTiiC