Gaming Indie Game Discussion

Tomtris

Master
Feb 1, 2013
As we are all Halo Players, Indie Games may be strange to most of us.

But my questions are,
What do you guys think of Indie Games?
Also, what is your favorite indie game?

Mine is Antichamber

iws27

Adept
Jan 10, 2013
Requium
Halo: Combat Evolved was indie when it was originally released. Unless Im wrong, in which case Id go with Minecraft.

Dividing MDH

Adept
Feb 2, 2013
Australia
Indy games are one of the best things to happen to the industry. Because they have such a small budget, devs have to constantly think outside the box to make their games good. It's why the top 10 games on the app store aren't all just clones of angry birds, also Journey is artistically the best game ever, heck I'd buy a PS3 just to play that game.

Jan 16, 2013
Miner Dig Deep,

I MAED A GAM3 W1TH Z0MBIES 1N IT!!!1,

Monsters (probably) stole my princess,

Murder Miners...

I fail to see how XBLIG has no decent games.... is also worth noting that all these titles with the exception of Monsters only cost 80 microsoft points!!!

FREEDOM COBRA

Distinguished
Jan 18, 2013
United States, Mississippi
Since this thread was "necroed", I should say I have re-evaluated my stance on Indie. I tend to dislike most indie gamed because all but maybe 2 of them I've played were terrible. I generally avoid them now because of this, but if I happen to hear of a good one the fact its indie won't stop me from playing it. That being said I still don't think Indie games have a place at E3.

Tomtris

Master
Feb 1, 2013
Since this thread was "necroed", I should say I have re-evaluated my stance on Indie. I tend to dislike most indie gamed because all but maybe 2 of them I've played were terrible. I generally avoid them now because of this, but if I happen to hear of a good one the fact its indie won't stop me from playing it. That being said I still don't think Indie games have a place at E3.

They don't have a place at E3, because E3 is a Trade Show for Big Journalists, and AAA games. E3 is a trade show only, but Indie games do belong a Pax, a games convention.

...with that being said, why not? Indie games are mostly, the only games that take real design risks, and try new things... so why not allow them to E3?

Now, I will tell you some Indie games (They are probably label "Arcade games", as for Mircosoft dumb policies), that are great on Xbox.

Minecraft (The Obvious One)

screenlg1.jpg

Terraria (A 2-D, Minecraft-esque, adventure game. However, it offers much more exploration, and character progression, then Minecraft.)

screenlg4.jpg

Mark of the Ninja (A Stealth Platformer, where you can go murder everyone, or never raise a blade)

screenlg7.jpg

Dust: An Elysian Tail (An Action RPG, with a beautiful world, and an immersive story)

screenlg4.jpg

Spelunky (Spelunky is a cave exploration / treasure-hunting game inspired by classic platform games and roguelikes, where the goal is to grab as much treasure from the cave as possible.)

screenlg1.jpg