I Published a Novel Last Wednesday

xAudienceofone

Just Another Guru
Jan 17, 2013
NY, USA
www.adamcbassett.com
Hello, HC.

It's been a long time since I was around here. For those of you who don't know me, I used to be a mod around these parts, and helped organize a 1v1 tournament long since past. I made a map for it as well (search Xiphos among the Halo 4 maps if you're curious), and worked with another previous mod (Dax) to try and make it to the best of my ability. Before that I was a mod at Forgehub and before all that I co-hosted a weekly Tuesday game night with a mission to test maps and shoot friends.

But then I got a Playstation (because Microsoft made me dislike them) and I haven't gotten a chance to try out any of the halo games since 4. Which is a shame, because although I don't regret the PS4, I really wish I could play on the new forge. It looks like so much fun.

But I've been busy in my time away, and I wanted to share some of the accomplishments with you guys. Partly because I need to get the word out, partly because I spent every day on this forum for about a year or two of my life, and on Forgehub before that, and once a week I used to obsessively test maps with a group of friends, and because although i don't come here much these days it still feels a little like a home.

So here's what I've been up to:

I graduated college, found work at a crappy movie theatre, found some freelance work with a graphic designer (doing a significant amount of work on his websites) and most recently I published a novel. It's called A Package of Moods, and it explores an alternate reality wherein a pharmaceutical company has produced mood patches–adhesive patches that pump a bunch of chemicals into the user through their skin. They give a specific mood–happy, calm, lust, to name a few. The book explores this setting over the course of years, and 11 points of view. Sometimes they are used recreationally, other times medically, other times they are just ignored and the character's issues become more important.

If you're at all interested in learning more, check it out on my website. If not, thanks for reading this huge post anyway. :)

In any case, I had a lot of fun here, and I wanted to share with my old Halo family this accomplishment. I miss you all, and forging as well, so here's to hoping this thing sells well and I can get the finances to rationalize getting the xbox one and halo and all the stuff that goes along with it. :p

Thanks, HC. For all the good times, and for your time reading all of that.

:heart:

tl;dr: I published a novel, buy it so I can forge again. (loljk, but really though).

Psychoduck

Round Objects™
Dec 23, 2012
Greater Seattle Area
That's pretty awesome, oPhone! That sounds like a pretty compelling premise for a novel. If I find the time to do some reading soon, I'll try to check it out. We'd love to have you back in the realm of Xbox Gaming. Thanks for stopping by. :)

Reactions: xAudienceofone

xAudienceofone

Just Another Guru
Jan 17, 2013
NY, USA
www.adamcbassett.com
That's pretty awesome, oPhone! That sounds like a pretty compelling premise for a novel. If I find the time to do some reading soon, I'll try to check it out. We'd love to have you back in the realm of Xbox Gaming. Thanks for stopping by. :)

You have no idea how much I'd like to get my hands on forge again, but I've been rather busy between my (effectively) 3 jobs and yet I still have very little income. So...maybe one day I'll rejoin you all. Maybe I'll try to get in touch with a friend and see if he ever picked up Halo. If he did I may have to go visit him for a week and try it out. Even then, though, it wouldn't be the same.

I appreciate the support, though! I do hope you let me know what you think of it, should you pick the book up.

Also, I saw your face on one of the 343 videos when you were making a map on their forge behind closed doors. I freaked out a little bit when I realized I knew that guy. It was awesome to see how far you got in this community, man. Congrats.

Reactions: Psychoduck