Introduction I have a question!!

fmaster12

Novice
Jul 31, 2014
Greetings, my name is fmaster12 and I just signed up. I love the idea of custom games and seeing alot of gameplay on Youtube really makes me want to try it.

My question is do I need to download the maps to play all the games? I went on the upcoming games page and saw many users doing 10 or 11 different game types on different levels. Do I need to go on file share and download all of them before playing?

I really want to play, especially the minigames, but downloading a boatload of game types before each session seems a bit tedious.

Please reply soon. Thank you

Opixonic

Proficient
Jul 15, 2014
You don't need to download every single specific map/map variant, however it's really recommend you have the Forge Island DLC downloaded. It's free, and a lot of map variants used in our custom lobbies, I'd say probably half if not more are based on that, so to play them you have to download Forge Island.

Reactions: fmaster12

Greenh2

Master
Jan 10, 2013
You don't need to download every single specific map/map variant, however it's really recommend you have the Forge Island DLC downloaded. It's free, and a lot of map variants used in our custom lobbies, I'd say probably half if not more are based on that, so to play them you have to download Forge Island.
^ This is the best answer. Anyways, welcome to HC :)

Reactions: fmaster12

fmaster12

Novice
Jul 31, 2014
Thank you guys! One more question is regarding the game types. Is having the Forge Island DLC include the game types as well or do I have to download those individually as well? Thanks again, the community here is awesome by the way

Greenh2

Master
Jan 10, 2013
Thank you guys! One more question is regarding the game types. Is having the Forge Island DLC include the game types as well or do I have to download those individually as well? Thanks again, the community here is awesome by the way
Yes, you need to download player-made gametypes so you can host them. If you just want to play them with someone else being a host, then you don't need to download them :D