Competitive Hyperion

Mar 20, 2014
Reactions: The 0micron
Mar 20, 2014
I don't know if this is too much to ask for but is there any way for you to post a birds eye view of the map? it would greatly help with getting a feel for it

Yes I definitely will at some point. Still working on some of the screenshots and the thumbnail. Probably tomorrow.

you know, when i 1st saw this map name, i immediately thought of borderlands. this just looking at it does not confirm in anyway to resemble an area from it

I've never played Borderlands so the naming must just be a coincidence. Hyperion is the name of a Greek mythological titan, so I'm guessing the Borderlands developers also though of naming something after him. Also, Hyperion is the name of a giant redwood tree in America.

Wow.... :y: Looks stunning.

Cheers, glad you like it :D

Reactions: Buddy

RogerDodger

Master
Jan 20, 2013
USA
I played this map a while ago. Overall, it's solid. I think that it could be better off having one line of symmetry. It's a tightly-packed map that would benefit from more fluid changes in height. Double-jumps and double-ramps (each individual ramp going opposite directions in the same space) are best used sparingly.

Mar 20, 2014
I played this map a while ago. Overall, it's solid. I think that it could be better off having one line of symmetry. It's a tightly-packed map that would benefit from more fluid changes in height. Double-jumps and double-ramps (each individual ramp going opposite directions in the same space) are best used sparingly.

Cheers, I think it's solid too :). The idea of one line of symmetry is interesting, but I don't think it suited what I was going for in the end. Also the double jumps you mention are a necessity because of the height of the upper levels - to make them single jumps I would have to lower the upper level significantly and it would, to put it simply, ruin the map. Also could you clarify further what you mean by double ramps and tell me where they are on my map? Cheers.

Interesting map. Will download and come back with feedback.

Ah right cheers mate :)

RogerDodger

Master
Jan 20, 2013
USA
Could you clarify further what you mean by double ramps and tell me where they are on my map?

Sorry, I was mistaken. They aren't on your map. For some odd reason I thought they were.

This is a visual example.
DoubleRamping.jpg

Reactions: Buddy

Zandril

HC Veteran
May 2, 2013
42 Wallaby Way, Sydney
www.youtube.com
I think a problem with this map would be confusing gameplay. The map is 4-way symmetric making it difficult for players to identify the map's different areas and where they are. The map needs more contrast because nearly everything is gray.

Other than that, I don't see too many things in the map that will positively affect flow. It just seems like people will be running around the map pointlessly without any real strategy because the map itself isn't open to too many strategies.

Lastly, I think you need hard routes to the top of the map. The only ways to get there would be jumps and this could possibly make them too hard to attack if a team is controlling it.

That's all I got from looking around the map. I'll have to play it to give more feedback.