How I record Game Chat and My voice on the same channel...

Was this information Helpful?

• Yes...

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I will plan on using this in the future.

Votes: 2 100.0%

• Total voters

Charles Stoot

Master
Jan 13, 2013
Maine
www.youtube.com

To those of you that have capture devices, it seams that the X-box 360 has not enabled a way for you to split game audio form Voice audio. I'm not referring to the setting that is in Voice commands on the X-box 360 menu. The setting in that menu will only apply for in Party audio, IN PARTIES. (Stupid Right) This system, I found, works for in game audio. I have hunted for some time and found a system that works. This system will split the players audio from the back ground game audio in the game itself.

If you have Elgato (Much like myself) there are two audio setting you can play with, game audio and live commentary. Normally Game audio is everything coming from the system were Live audio is from a microphone you have outside of the consul. Game audio mixes all the players audio with the game audio and can't be tampered with. Well now with this system I found all the voices from game are controlled by the live commentary along with your voice and game volume controllers only back ground game sounds.

Now your asking yourself what does Stoot mean. Well If you don't have Elgato then that's okay you may have other means of this.

This is a Video of what it sounds like without the cords.
Note: This audio can not be tampered with.

This is a Video of what it sounds like with the cords.
Note: These sounds can be tampered with without bringing the game volume up as well.
Now your probable thinking :eek: you can hear Stoot :eek:. But the problem is, can you hear any one else in the game, except when you are in the lobby menu, and not in the game.
Okay now your Probable wondering what cords do i need in order to make the game audio more sharp and crisp. Well here the video is...
  • 2.5 mm Male to 3.5 mm Female (Recommend From Radio Shack)
  • 3.5 mm Male to 3.5 mm Female (Y Adapter) Note: Cords work best for this. (Not Recommended From Radio Shack)
  • 3.5 mm Male to 2.5 mm Female (Not Recommended From Radio Shack)
  • 3.5 mm Male to 3.5 mm Male (Typical Car MP3 to Stereo wire.)(Recommended From Radio Shack)
Note: you don't have to bye the Cords from the sources above but be warned this system does work and others sources may not. Also I found it works best with older Xbox-360 controllers for some odd reason.

NOTE: EVERY ADAPTER NEEDS TO BE STEREO if the cord specifies as mono it will not work.

For XBOX ONE you will need this (link --->here<---) plus cords above. Except 2.5 mm Male to 3.5 mm Female due to this Xbone adapter converting it for you. If you are using an 3.5 mm male headset you don't need the 3.5 mm Male to 2.5 mm Female for this eather.

If you have any question regarding this system please comment bellow or PM Charles Stoot.

Enjoy

Last edited:
Reactions: Zandril