Introduction Hi, I'm a Forger New To Halo Customs :)

BlackGamerGuy

Novice
Dec 15, 2014
FL
What's going on guys?
So, this is my first time joining a forum in eons. :titmar: I was actually directed here by Online Knights, Ducain23 and Mr Pokephile (all forgers whom I'm sure many of you have heard of). As for my name, you can just call me Jake or BlackGamerGuy-- either is fine.

The reason for joining this forum is I have been making Halo maps since Halo: Reach and I have always missed opportunities to play and share my maps with others. I primarily use YouTube as my platform of choice to showcase my creations; however, it's evident that scheduling custom games through this means is a haphazardous solution. So, here I am!

From the first map I created entitled "Interstate 4-51"-- a map that featured a part of a huge highway with a collapsed center (which is a pretty abysmal map now that I reflect upon it, haha) -- to my newest "ancient-themed-Forerunneresque" (God, what a mouthful :nomnomnomnomnomnomnomnomnomnomnomnomnomnomnomnomnomnomnomnomnomnomnomnom:) Slayer map called Uproot, I have changed my way of thinking in relation to level design. For example, elements such as map depth, scale, accessibility, jumps, weapon placement, etc. (and the list goes on and on) are things that I've gradually started to consider when going through subsequent maps.

I have vastly improved as a forger but I still have MUCH more to learn since the last Halo game I frequently made maps for was Halo: Reach; Halo 4's forge didn't quite inspire me as much as I wanted it to. However, with the newly added features to H2A's forge, I'm back in business!

So, a little bit more about me:

I thoroughly enjoy action/adventure games, first-person shooters, fighting games, open-world RPGs :knight:, sandbox games and the like. Some of my favorite video games/franchises are as follows:
  • Super Smash Brothers
  • Halo :masterchief:
  • Dragon's Dogma (I know, a LOT of people despise this game, but for me this is one of those guilty pleasures that I love and hate at the same time) :hug: :cautious:
  • Farcry
  • Legend of Zelda Games
  • Grand Theft Auto
  • ES: Skyrim
  • Mortal Kombat
  • Dragonball Budokai/Tenkaichi Series
  • Sonic Adventure 2 (Dreamcast was the shizz :dax:)
  • Saints Row
  • Tony Hawk Underground 1 & 2
In my spare time, when I'm not forging, I'm playing some Halo or any of the aforementioned games. I also love making music. I play electric guitar and I love listening to and composing Heavy Metal songs, Rap songs, and songs categorized under other genres. I also enjoy making funny skits in the form of video game machinima.

Programming is something I'm currently learning (more specifically, Java) and I'm liking it so far; in fact, my major is Computer Science. I plan to become a level designer and until I really delve into video-game designing tools/programs like Unity 3D, Maya, and Sketchup, I'm using Halo's awesome forge mode to realize some of my potential (I want to see if level designing is something I definitely want to do). Either way, I want my career to be centered around video games-- I've always wanted it to be ever since I was a wee child.

Well, that pretty much sums up my super long description of myself. If you want to look up any of my content just go to my YouTube Channel: BlackGamerGuy. As for my gamertag, it's iWarH4MM3R

Kids, can you say "narc"? :cautious:

Joining this community, I hope there are many conversations, laughs, and tears (of joy) to be had. I'm definitely looking forward to being a part of this forum and I'd be happy if you could put up with my annoying self :awesome:

See ya later!

Last edited:

Greenh2

Master
Jan 10, 2013
Holy crap, that's a long intro... THAT'S AWESOME :laugh:!! Anyways, welcome to HC and a happy New Year :D

BlackGamerGuy

Novice
Dec 15, 2014
FL
Haha, it is quite long! Sorry about that. I tend to write a lot sometimes :rofl:. But thanks for the warm welcome and Happy New Year to you too!

Greenh2

Master
Jan 10, 2013
Don't worry, you aren't the the only one that writes a lot :y:. Well, I don't, but I know other people on here do. Anyways, thanks :D. Always glad to welcome people here :)

BlackGamerGuy

Novice
Dec 15, 2014
FL
Psychoduck! I'm very familiar with your awesome work on THFE. And that's great that we have those things in common. Thanks for the warm welcome!