Gaming Happy Wars

Master Debaytes

⚆▽⚆
Dec 31, 2012
UF
I was wondering if anyone out there plays it also.

For those who don't know what it is, Happy Wars is a free arcade game for the Xbox 360. The gameplay is conquest style (two main bases with mini bases in between on a linear style pathway) where the objective is to infiltrate the enemy base and destroy their main tower. You level up, earn equipment, and choose between three different classes in this massive 15 on 15 PVP. It's very cartoony, but it's fun and a great game for large parties. And yes, again, it's FREE.

Reactions: NinetysBorn

pinohkio

Proficient
Dec 30, 2012
New Brunswick, Canada
This is the best game I've ever played -- and it's free! Even if you guys don't usually play these games I urge you to try this one out! You have nothing to lose and you might find yourself having a good time!

pinohkio for Top Mage 2013!​

Reactions: NinetysBorn

Tedium

I Used to be Somebody
Dec 24, 2012
UK
I just finished the tutorial for this a few days ago but never felt convicted to go back to it... until now, I suppose. If it's that good, I'm gonna have to check it out, huh? ;)

brb lol jk but srsly

CO BOARDERS

Adept
Jan 13, 2013
Yeah I will have to DL this and give it a try when I have some free time. Remind me when you see me online Master!

Tedium

I Used to be Somebody
Dec 24, 2012
UK
I used that Chicken tower the other day. I KILLED EVERYONE. This game is the best.

Wakko45

Kill-Steal Guru
Dec 30, 2012
I played its multiplayer a few times and I had a lot of fun. I'm awful at it still but I definitely enjoyed it.

Tedium

I Used to be Somebody
Dec 24, 2012
UK
I love it for its style direction. They're so cute! I love how their heads wobble as they walk. I keep coming back to it in the hopes of pulling off a sweet team skill :D

Stevo

The Grinchmind
Dec 31, 2012
United Kingdom
So I downloaded this by chance the other day before I saw this and then never thought to play it, so I gave it whirl and I actually really like it.

It is fun, there's just a few things that really puzzle me;
1. Why are abilities random? I usually play as a Cleric, but the ability I use most (Area effect heal) is sometimes unlocked from start, and other times never available in a match... why? Same goes for Warrior abilities... I want the spinny attack thing, but sometimes it doesn't even unlock in a round and I'm stuck with shit abilities.
2. I don't understand the damage factor... I have a level 6 fish sword premium item thing that does 500 damage-ish and level 5 armour that shields about 200 damage and occasionally I'll die in like 3 hits from people at my level or lower (I think I just hit level 13), yet when I go to attack people, I have to hit them like 20 times, and often lose out on a kill even though I was clearly the person who delivered the killing blow?
3. Is it possible to get premium items from things other than the Happy Cards that cost tickets (which costs money)?

Master Debaytes

⚆▽⚆
Dec 31, 2012
UF
1. Why are abilities random? I usually play as a Cleric, but the ability I use most (Area effect heal) is sometimes unlocked from start, and other times never available in a match... why? Same goes for Warrior abilities... I want the spinny attack thing, but sometimes it doesn't even unlock in a round and I'm stuck with shit abilities.
2. I don't understand the damage factor... I have a level 6 fish sword premium item thing that does 500 damage-ish and level 5 armour that shields about 200 damage and occasionally I'll die in like 3 hits from people at my level or lower (I think I just hit level 13), yet when I go to attack people, I have to hit them like 20 times, and often lose out on a kill even though I was clearly the person who delivered the killing blow?
3. Is it possible to get premium items from things other than the Happy Cards that cost tickets (which costs money)?
1) I don't know either. I guess it gives incentive to try to go for items that give you guaranteed abilities at the start of matches

2) Items are everything in this game. The items equipped to your character affect how your game will play out. Everyone online just has better armor/helmets than you do and it'll happen until you level up some more. I'm level 33 right now, and I still encounter this problem when I search by myself. I play with my friends who are low levels and get them to host so I can dominate in that way. :p

3) Yes. It's not likely, but you can earn premium items from the happy spinner and from playing in game Quick Matches and Co-Op Mode. Also, there's a Special Challenge Mode that you can access from the main menu when you hit Y. If you're level 20 and up, you can play the hard difficulty challenge mode, which will give you premium items if you win and get lucky with the prize roulette.

Stevo

The Grinchmind
Dec 31, 2012
United Kingdom
Yeah, I had a quick go of the challenge thing yesterday. I ended up winning two of the special items, but they're not that good. I did equip the devil's tail though and added a few buffs to it.

Which items give you guaranteed abilities?! :eek: