Votes: 0 0.0%

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

NinetysBorn

Master
Jan 29, 2013
California USA
I gave it an 8 for a number of different reasons. Here are just a few of them:
1) Webpage looks rather boring/ dead with the dark grey background and light grey text
2) Sometimes diffcult to get to certain parts of the website (too much links to click)
3) Website doesnt feel too community oriented. Feels like when I started this the staff told me "heres where you set up your custom games lobby and hope for people to join. Or you could just leave comments in the forums. See ya!"
Other than that though the website is really great. Only small tiny things thats all. Nothings perfect.

Reactions: gmail

PandaMan

Master
Jan 24, 2013
California
plug.dj
I gave it an 8 for a number of different reasons. Here are just a few of them:
1) Webpage looks rather boring/ dead with the dark grey background and light grey text
2) Sometimes diffcult to get to certain parts of the website (too much links to click)
3) Website doesnt feel too community oriented. Feels like when I started this the staff told me "heres where you set up your custom games lobby and hope for people to join. Or you could just leave comments in the forums. See ya!"
Other than that though the website is really great. Only small tiny things thats all. Nothings perfect.
Well, the site is focused around providing a way to get in to custom games....

But then again, I just come here for the community, I don't play Halo all that much.

Reactions: Insane54

NinetysBorn

Master
Jan 29, 2013
California USA
Well, the site is focused around providing a way to get in to custom games....

But then again, I just come here for the community, I don't play Halo all that much.
Well if you want to go about it that way, this website doesnt really offer a lot then when it comes to custom games. Besides the basic "schedule" your custom games online feature barely making it easier for people to find your custom games.... Again though I see what you mean and its only small things that stop this website from getting a 10/10 its still a great website.

Reactions: gmail

Insane54

Founder
Dec 23, 2012
New York, New York
www.halocustoms.com
As for style, it's a personal choice of what we thought looks professional and sleek. You can very well argue that it doesn't have much color, but we (the staff) collectively decided that this design really represented us the best. Remember, adding too much color comes at a risk of making the site look childish. If you have mockups as to design changes (or even entirely new designs!), send them my way!

No idea what you mean by too many links... have you been to a community website before? Give examples so we can field complaints or change things if they need to be!

The site is focused on making custom games happen -- the community is important because we like having a core group of custom game enthusiasts who interact with people who are using the site as a resource. Please have a look at the schedule of games and game creation options (http://halocustoms.com/events/upcoming), and its various different views, and consider the valuability of an open calendar for anyone to use. Note the various features in each lobby as well: RSVPs, automatic XBL messaging from members to hosts and vice versa, automatic timezone adjustment, lobby organization, Gold Host, embedded streams. Personally, I think it offers quite a lot to helping people connect their games; as far as I know, no resource has ever been made like ours. If you have any realistic ideas as to how we can improve our resource to help make customs happen, I'm all ears! I have quite a few updates in the works that should add a few features to the equation, but I do like to hear ideas, because I could very well have missed something good!