Halo 5 Forge map that i will create

PatriotOfFOTU

Novice
Oct 31, 2015
It'll be called Alpha Base its going to be a forerunner map a canyon separates the 2 bases and each team can drive down in it and go through a cave. Each base will be different. The red base being half structure and half rocks while the blue base is all structure. In the middle of the map will be a small human made base that a pelican crashed into and there will be fire around that area. The powers of the map will be: OverShield, Spartan Laser and a Sniper. The vehicles will be for each base are: 2 warthogs, 1 wraith, 2 ghosts, 1 mongoose and 1 phaeton and the neutral vehicle the rocket hog. If youd like to help me create this map message me on xbox patriot of FOTU and comment here

Reactions: REMkings and Auburn

Psychoduck

Round Objects™
Dec 23, 2012
Greater Seattle Area
It sounds like you've got a solid vision in your head for your map, but do you have a layout planned out? Once you have your vision for a level nailed down (which you do already), I highly recommend a paper sketch or even a 3d model in order to help flesh the design out before creating it in forge. We have abut a month before forge releases, so there's no reason not to take a bit of time now to do some planning. It's very important with maps with vehicles to plan out your vehicle circuit so you can be mindful of how infantry and vehicles will interact on your map and how you will balance travel times (you don't want a warthog zipping from one base to the other in seconds in CTF). As Aub mentioned, you also have a pretty hefty vehicle set. This sort of thing may work for BTB Heavies, but it will distract from infantry engagements and ultimately detract from the overall experience. I would recommend really thinking about what purpose you want each vehicle to serve and how each will interact with the others on the map when selecting a vehicle set.

Anyway, I hope this was helpful. I'd love to see a sketch or whatever other planning materials you've developed for your map. The planning process is really what builds the foundation for a map moving forward so it's super important.

Reactions: REMkings and Auburn

PatriotOfFOTU

Novice
Oct 31, 2015
Duck-im actually pretty creative i dont need a 3D model if you saw my invasion maps on reach that ill continue making on backwards compatibility and my maps in mcc they were all made from my creativity. Hey duck and Auburn want to be friends on xbox

PatriotOfFOTU

Novice
Oct 31, 2015
heres more ill be adding: a teleporter station at each side by the cliff, several caves that lead into the canyon with a few bridges and 1 leading into each major area, a little walk way cliff that goes over the canyon and a vehicle bridge for the vheicles that spawn on the top area of the base so ya the heavy vehicles are meant for the top of the map while the small vehicles are meant for the bottom of the map and i think ill remove the phaetons