Halo Halo 5 and xbox 720 expectations...

Dr.Toboggan

Novice
Mar 13, 2013
Sublime Transcendence
I'm hoping they don't make them annually, I want them to have time to improve on their games. And I hope they stop taking away vehicles, like the hornet, falcon, or chopper. And they still have a lot of room for improvnonement on forge. And their are way to many non-forgable vehicles: Pelican, Phantom, Elephant/Mammoth, Scarab, GOLD HOG, Other Civilian Vehicles, Broadsword, Seraph, ect.

evergreen948

Master
Jan 9, 2013
Sydney, Straya
I'm hoping they don't make them annually, I want them to have time to improve on their games. And I hope they stop taking away vehicles, like the hornet, falcon, or chopper. And they still have a lot of room for improvnonement on forge. And their are way to many non-forgable vehicles: Pelican, Phantom, Elephant/Mammoth, Scarab, GOLD HOG, Other Civilian Vehicles, Broadsword, Seraph, ect.
If the gold hog does return... That would be EPIC!

SHUTTL3S

Novice
Jan 31, 2013

I agree with not making games with-in the master chief series annually, but many people from the halo community (like me) play halo exclusively and I would love to see a halo spinoff for the next gen xbox at e3, release date holiday of 2013 (i gots sum monies i wanna trow at da screen)

evergreen948

Master
Jan 9, 2013
Sydney, Straya
I agree with not making games with-in the master chief series annually, but many people from the halo community (like me) play halo exclusively and I would love to see a halo spinoff for the next gen xbox at e3, release date holiday of 2013 (i gots sum monies i wanna trow at da screen)
I think they'll announce a halo 2 remake. Everyone's been asking for them to

SHUTTL3S

Novice
Jan 31, 2013
here's hoping for a xbox portable device and a new way to play co op with someone else in your living room!

iGraviton

Proficient
Feb 22, 2013
Here's my wishlist for Halo 5, although I think I'm going to be getting a PS4 next-gen.
  • They need to take all the input they've gotten from the Forging community and put it to use
  • Bring back Firefight
  • Make it so we can actually Forge our own Firefight maps. (I'd shit bricks of solid joy if this happened.)
  • Spartan Ops was cool, so I'd like to see it return in the next Halo iteration
  • Expand the Campaign. Make it so Chief has several ways of achieving the same goal. The ability to choose how you go about something helps with immersion.
  • Make sure the game isn't rushed out of production like Halo 4 was
  • I'd like to see more AA's, just for diversity, even though I'd probably stick with my trusty Thruster Pack :heart:
  • EDIT: I saw this further up the thread, larger games with more people would be awesome. 10v10 or perhaps even 12v12 would be the coolest thing ever.

FREEDOM COBRA

Distinguished
Jan 18, 2013
United States, Mississippi
Here's my wishlist for Halo 5, although I think I'm going to be getting a PS4 next-gen.
  • They need to take all the input they've gotten from the Forging community and put it to use
  • Bring back Firefight
  • Make it so we can actually Forge our own Firefight maps. (I'd shit bricks of solid joy if this happened.)
  • Spartan Ops was cool, so I'd like to see it return in the next Halo iteration
  • Expand the Campaign. Make it so Chief has several ways of achieving the same goal. The ability to choose how you go about something helps with immersion.
  • Make sure the game isn't rushed out of production like Halo 4 was
  • I'd like to see more AA's, just for diversity, even though I'd probably stick with my trusty Thruster Pack :heart:
  • EDIT: I saw this further up the thread, larger games with more people would be awesome. 10v10 or perhaps even 12v12 would be the coolest thing ever.

Why the hell would you want a playstation?!

5. No I'd hate that, Chief is no longer an extension of the player he's his own character and has his own story.
6. I thought it missed a couple features but it was still better polished than Reach.

Every thing else I agree with.

iGraviton

Proficient
Feb 22, 2013
Why the hell would you want a playstation?!

5. No I'd hate that, Chief is no longer an extension of the player he's his own character and has his own story.
I'm not saying make it an open sandbox game, or give the player free reign over Chief's story, but give the player some minor choices. Having 2 approaches to the same mission like one stealth approach and one head-on approach would be cool. The ability to make minor decisions helps make the player feel a bit more like they're actually Chief.
6. I thought it missed a couple features but it was still better polished than Reach.
It was, but the game was still buggy and somewhat unbalanced at launch. There were no game breaking bugs or glitches, but it could have been better. I understand it was most likely pressure from the Microsoft Marketing team to release the game, but it wasn't finished. Don't get me wrong, Halo 4 is a great game and I love it, but they shouldn't have released it when they did.
Every thing else I agree with.

EDIT: Most of my friends are getting PlayStation and quite honestly, PlayStation has better exclusives. Xbox does have Halo and GoW, but PlayStation has Killzone, Uncharted, Infamous, and God of War. Xbox is going to having to have to impress me at their unveiling of the NextBox if they want me to buy one.

The7thSeal

Expert
Jan 12, 2013
Lincolnshire, UK
EDIT: Most of my friends are getting PlayStation and quite honestly, PlayStation has better exclusives. Xbox does have Halo and GoW, but PlayStation has Killzone, Uncharted, Infamous, and God of War. Xbox is going to having to have to impress me at their unveiling of the NextBox if they want me to buy one.
Why not get one one year, and the other the next?

Anyway, I'd like some advances in Forge:
  • Being able to group objects together and move groups easily, instead of having to move objects separately
  • Modifiable Gravity volumes. So you can change the size and strength of them, to the point of anti-gravity.
  • Modifiable Shield Doors. Making them larger/smaller, changing the shape, things like that.
  • A choice in the time of day of the map.
  • Weather choices (Rain, snow, mist, etc.)
  • A large forge canvas (Naturally), with different climates or choices for the climate of one large map, as well as a colour palette that matches the chosen climate
  • Interactive objects, such as doors, bridges, drop pods, etc., which we can open and close/activate at will.
  • More forgeable vehicles. Hopefully some kind of UNSC aircraft, maybe even an Elephant or something similar.
  • More aesthetic objects, such as a rubble, destroyed vehicles, blood splatters.
  • More useful buildings. I find it hard to use any of the forgeable buildings for anything I need.
EDIT:
  • Additional Natural objects. Add trees, dirt piles, dirt craters (basically a pile with a crater in it).
  • Increase the budget, as well as the amount of objects available in the different categories
  • Fixed Dynamic Lighting. Being able to toggle it on and off, and for it to have a larger budget.
  • Forging underwater, as in being able to fully submerge objects, for them to be visible underwater, and that Spartans can be fully submerged without dying.

evergreen948

Master
Jan 9, 2013
Sydney, Straya
I do agree that playstation does have alot of really great exclusives, but how could you pass down halo and gears? They're the best game series ever!

Reactions: FRYMEN
Feb 12, 2013
Dark Void
Well the conversation at first seemed pieceful, Im out sorry guys. Halo 5 will not be perfect so lets face it, there is a side in all of us to become failures at one point, and we all remember the days we stand wrong, and because we do we tend to become what is seen is strong. Weakness is in everyone, don't deny it, don't even try to fight it.
So Halo 5 will not all be what we want just be happy for what you get, but also be careful for what you wish.

FREEDOM COBRA

Distinguished
Jan 18, 2013
United States, Mississippi
Well the conversation at first seemed pieceful, Im out sorry guys. Halo 5 will not be perfect so lets face it, there is a side in all of us to become failures at one point, and we all remember the days we stand wrong, and because we do we tend to become what is seen is strong. Weakness is in everyone, don't deny it, don't even try to fight it.
So Halo 5 will not all be what we want just be happy for what you get, but also be careful for what you wish.
the hell?

Reactions: evergreen948