Halo 4 mini-maps.

FragsturBait

Expert
Jan 22, 2013
Colorado, USA
presentforyou_zps63275466.jpg

This thread is a child of my Preview thread for Narrows Jr, and is meant to be a new home for the discussion started there. You may or may not be aware of the modded gametypes floating around that make your spartan models adorably tiny, but leave weapons and vehicles the same size. The end result is fun, funny, cute, and ultimately an absolute blast. I've run across a couple of maps built for the little bastards, and was inspired to make one of my own. This thread is intended to house a collection of wee little maps, the ones I find, and any you'd like to have added. It doesn't have to be strictly re-makes, or even competitive maps. As long as you have to look up at a fusion coil, you've got a home here.

Re-Makes:
Gnat's Nest by Indie Anthias
Pit Jr by God 0f Forge
Smallsylum by Nutduster
Narrows Jr by FragsturBait(alpha build)

Wakko45

Kill-Steal Guru
Dec 30, 2012
This thread is perfect. We need like 2 more maps and then we all need to have a mini-spartan game night

Indie Anthias

Master
Jan 14, 2013
I so want this to take off. This is Halo 3-level shenanigans.

I am in fact building a miniature Rat's Nest right right now, and it's looking adorable. Thoughts on vehicles... I think they could be alright. You drive in them and blow them up just like in a regular game. They may clog the hallways a bit in a map like Rat's Nest but they can still basically get around, and they add to the ridiculousness of it all. You mentioned in the other thread that you thought BTB maps wouldn't work so well, but I'm intrigued by the possibility of making remakes of bigger maps that simply can't be done to full scale. You can always remove vehicles in the game settings if you want them gone.

Wakko45

Kill-Steal Guru
Dec 30, 2012
I so want this to take off. This is Halo 3-level shenanigans.

I am in fact building a miniature Rat's Nest right right now, and it's looking adorable. Thoughts on vehicles... I think they could be alright. You drive in them and blow them up just like in a regular game. They may clog the hallways a bit in a map like Rat's Nest but they can still basically get around, and they add to the ridiculousness of it all. You mentioned in the other thread that you thought BTB maps wouldn't work so well, but I'm intrigued by the possibility of making remakes of bigger maps that simply can't be done to full scale. You can always remove vehicles in the game settings if you want them gone.
Yeah and if they end up being too big you could always just stick with ghosts and mongeese which are smaller than warthogs

Indie Anthias

Master
Jan 14, 2013
What are the run speed and jump height you've been using? I have the gametype (sans forced white armor) and have been running around with 90% jumps and 75% speed, but it still feels a bit fast. I haven't tried it yet but 50% speed might be most appropriate for a 50% scaled map.

Parker Melnyk

Proficient
Jan 10, 2013
a galaxy far far away
Who ever the moder is needs to make a infection game type where there are tiny green Spartans ( the infected) that have a active camouflage ability, it could be revenge of the leprechauns. The humans would be normal .

FragsturBait

Expert
Jan 22, 2013
Colorado, USA
What are the run speed and jump height you've been using? I have the gametype (sans forced white armor) and have been running around with 90% jumps and 75% speed, but it still feels a bit fast. I haven't tried it yet but 50% speed might be most appropriate for a 50% scaled map.

I would actually like to get that gametype from you. . . The only one I have forces white. I've been using 75% jump 50% speed and it feels just about right. Jumps are a little floaty, but 50% jumps give you little bunny hops.

Indie Anthias

Master
Jan 14, 2013
I would actually like to get that gametype from you. . . The only one I have forces white. I've been using 75% jump 50% speed and it feels just about right. Jumps are a little floaty, but 50% jumps give you little bunny hops.

OK its in my file share. Let me know when you have it so I can take it down.

In other news Gnat's Nest is ready to try out... test version now in my file share as well.
http://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/g.../details/fb3d2198-c37c-4cca-a52b-4a6d27b811bf
http://halocustoms.com/threads/gnats-nest.5181/