Halo Halo 2 Anniversary to Release This Year?

Chron

Adept
Dec 31, 2012
Australia
So recently it was revealed through a supposed employee at Microsoft (also a Neogaf user named 'ntkrnl') that Halo 2 anniversary would be launching this year while Halo 5 would be a 2015 title. Furthermore, the H2A would provide access to a Halo 5 beta.

Also, Eurogamer published the following article which provides direct comments from Microsoft in regards to the rumour
Microsoft Studios chief Phil Spencer fuelled rumours of a Halo 2 Anniversary game - apparently due out later this year on Xbox One - in a tweet last night.
"Never get tired of questions on what's coming," he said. "Just can't always answer as we need news at events. Halo 2 is a good game..."
This morning, Microsoft issued Eurogamer a statement that reiterated the company's promise to publish a Halo game on Xbox One this year. The question is, is it Halo 2 Anniversary, or a fully-fledged Halo sequel?
"Other than confirming that your Halo journey on Xbox One begins in 2014, we have made no announcements related to specific titles," a Microsoft spokesperson said.
"Any report or listing to the contrary is based solely on speculation and rumour."

EDIT: For anyone that's interested, these are notes on what the user covered over in the Neogaf thread:
  • Forza Horizon: “Fall 2014, probably September. Super sexy weather system and… shit tons of co-op/social stuff. 1080P and open-world, so you can road trip with your bros.”
  • White Xbone incoming.
  • Why all the leaks? Scared you might get caught? “I am incapable of fear. Plus, this is such exciting stuff, and me talking about it ahead of time isn’t going to hurt anything, truthfully. We’re all chomping at the bit for it to come out. This is not bad. “
  • Halo Anniversary 2 will be 1080p, iffy on the 60fps, maybe not.
  • Quantum Break is Holiday 2014
  • Multiplayer confirmed for HA2, same devs as Halo Anniversary.
  • Sunset Overdrive is Fall 2014
  • Is not Phil Spencer
  • Black Tusk cancelled project was called “Shangheist.” May have involved stealing stuff from the Chinese (though I think that may have been a reference to the name and maybe not the gameplay? Not sure…)
  • Fable Legends is Summer 2015
  • Halo 2 Anniversary includes beta for Halo 5
  • Gears of War will probably need a 2.5 year dev time.
  • First Titanfall DLC is 45 days from release, then another one 120 days from release.
  • No Crackdown 3 news this year most likely, since it’s a 2016 title.
  • A list w/dates of the rest of the Tier 2 and Tier 3 countries that Xbone will release in this year.
  • No info/idea on what Rare’s up to, sadly.
  • $399 XB1 this year? “Maybe one without an Optical Disc Drive.”

So guys, what are your thoughts on a possible H2 Anniversary release this year? Would you rather see Halo 5 instead or are you appreciative of the extra development time? Discuss!

Reactions: Dax
Feb 1, 2013
Australia
halo 5 needs 3 years so they can fully develop it more and have a beta so its not a repeat of halo 4.
also i want war edition so i can have halo 2, 3, 4 and 5 all on the xbox one