Introduction GP - Taking a look around ;)

Finally remembered to come back and check out Insane's little project here... and boy has it exploded. lol...

For those that don't know me, I'm one of the Community Cartographers working with 343i's MM Sustainment Team, particularly Bravo. I'm a retired forger from way back when I worked with TDF and Yavi to turn Forgehub from a forge blog to a vB forum. In Halo 3 I did a lot of custom gametypes, Halo: Reach I made several maps for MM and some side gametypes, and in Halo 4. Well Halo 4 I've been too busy to really get deep into it. But I've enjoyed what others have built.

As for what I do outside of CC duties and Halo... I'm an aspiring indie developer. I say aspiring because I don't think you earn the term developer until you publish something. I've made two game attempts in the past, and I'm on my third. This third one I've been working on for 30-40 hours a week since Nov. 16th. And it is the first project that I can actually see the light at the end of the tunnel. I plan on releasing it on the upcoming OUYA console, which I have a devkit for, alongside browser/PC/Mac/Linux/Android phones/tablets and hopefully iOS phone/tablets as well.

I'm also a family man. I'm married with an adorable 20 month old son, Lucas. He was born on Bungie Day of 2011. And he's a pimp. See below. I'm also attending college for an Early Childhood Education degree. I love kids, and I strongly believe games can be developed and tailored to propel and accelerate how we educate our children. Oh and I enjoy the Armored Core and Souls (Dark/Demon) series. I think that is it.

dapperlucas.jpg

I'll be stopping by as I remember too in between responsibilities. I've got my email notifications turned on... so the more I post and the more people reply, the more often I'll be around. lol... I look forward to working with the lot of you.

If you have something important to talk about, then feel free to PM me and I'll hit you up with my email accordingly.

-GP

Wakko45

Kill-Steal Guru
Dec 30, 2012
*Notification!* It's good to see another familiar face around (even if you are using a different name) :y:

Dax

o/
Jan 12, 2013
Welcome, godlyperfection! Can't say we've actually met, but I've definitely heard your name around before. Nice to see you join the site. :)

Insane54

Founder
Dec 23, 2012
New York, New York
www.halocustoms.com
Hmmm... email notifications are no really working. That is disappointing. Someone should look into that. Is it individual email per reply to a watched thread, or a daily digest sort of thing?
I believe you get one email per a thread when you get a reply, then when you view the thread, it resets (so you don't get spammed with emails from a popular thread). Is that not working properly?

Also, hey man! Good to see you here (again?)