Halo Frag or Plasma?

captfrozen

Proficient
Jan 9, 2013
Over there
Which grenade is better overall? Personally I think the frag is better since is has a shorter fuse and can bounce around. The plasma grenade is good for destroying vehicles and enemies up close, but I tend to use the frag more. No one cares about the pulse grenade, that thing is terrible (and you only start out with one?) What are your thoughts?

FREEDOM COBRA

Distinguished
Jan 18, 2013
United States, Mississippi
Which grenade is better overall? Personally I think the frag is better since is has a shorter fuse and can bounce around. The plasma grenade is good for destroying vehicles and enemies up close, but I tend to use the frag more. No one cares about the pulse grenade, that thing is terrible (and you only start out with one?) What are your thoughts?
I use the Plasma, I hate bouncing where I throw something is where I want it. You shouldn't discount the Pulse I've gotten 5+ kills in a King of the Hill match before, It would be better if they made it more like energy drain(physics, expands after being thrown, etc.)

captfrozen

Proficient
Jan 9, 2013
Over there
I use the Plasma, I hate bouncing where I throw something is where I want it. You shouldn't discount the Pulse I've gotten 5+ kills in a King of the Hill match before, It would be better if they made it more like energy drain(physics, expands after being thrown, etc.)
I wish that the pulse grenade stunned vehicles and drained sheilds faster and I wish you got TWO pulse grenades to start off with. Then people might actually use it for once.

Reactions: evergreen948

RogerDodger

Master
Jan 20, 2013
USA
The issue with including two is that their energy draining abilities are not only strong on initial impact but long-lasting. If they gave us two then three with Grenadier would be just a mess of shield breaking. If they engineer the grenade right, one should do the trick.

Back on the OP, I tend to use plasmas for when I need CQC back-up and frags when shield breaking or area denial is necessary.

Isitdelicious

Novice
Feb 14, 2013
Kent, Uk.
Most gameplay i use frags, as its what i prefer. I can bouce the round corners and in general find them more usefull then plasmas, except for in BTB they are a must have because of the vehicles.

MockKnizzle

Get Mockfucked
Dec 24, 2012
Seattle, WA
Frags are waaaay better, period. Obviously plasmas can stick shit, but if we're comparing pure explosive power, the blast radius of a plasma grenade is woefully tiny and has an extremely rapid damage falloff. Back in Reach you were able to use them to actually kill people, but in Halo 4 you'd be better off throwing your shoes.

Frags are the only grenade worth carrying, and when you add on Explosives they turn into nuclear bombs that can bounce around corners and go right through Hardlight shields.

Reactions: Ariel Morgan

FREEDOM COBRA

Distinguished
Jan 18, 2013
United States, Mississippi
Frags are waaaay better, period. Obviously plasmas can stick shit, but if we're comparing pure explosive power, the blast radius of a plasma grenade is woefully tiny and has an extremely rapid damage falloff. Back in Reach you were able to use them to actually kill people, but in Halo 4 you'd be better off throwing your shoes.

Frags are the only grenade worth carrying, and when you add on Explosives they turn into nuclear bombs that can bounce around corners and go right through Hardlight shields.
The frag does have more power, but if you throw right before you die it bounces away from the target. On the other hand if your target's shields are popped good aim solves this problem.

CyanWolfKing

Novice
Feb 18, 2013
I usually just use plasmas, because my tactic is to sneak up to someone with active camo, and either assassinate them or stick them, plus they destroy vehicles faster, which is ideal for me as i play lots of BTB

Ariel Morgan

Adept
Dec 27, 2012
Oak Park, MI
Momma always said the frag would be best by Halo 3, Reach screwed it up a bit, but H4 got it back.

The pulse takes too long, and is so bright that it has the opposite effect of moths to the flame, basically everyone walks away from it, slowly.

Plasmas cannot do anything but stick, which makes them feel completely right.

Wakko45

Kill-Steal Guru
Dec 30, 2012
I prefer frags. I love being able to bounce them off of objects to grenade someone I can't get to. Also if someone is chasing me I can bounce the frag off the wall in front of me so it'll bounce backwards and hit him as he comes after me.

Reactions: Ariel Morgan

iGraviton

Proficient
Feb 22, 2013
I run frag on 3 of my classes, primarily my Slayer classes.
I run plasma on my vehicle oriented class. Plasma pistol + Plasma nade = Instant win
I run pulse on my objective class. It's very effective in KoTH, and can help slow down players in CTF and Oddball.

Albreich

Proficient
Feb 4, 2013
Antarctica
Frags. The nerf on the plasma's damage basically requires you to get stick to actually kill anyone.

I would say that sticky grenades are for the less experienced players. Mainly because they require little skill and any kills are mostly lucky.
Frags on the otherhand can play both roles if your are good enough.