Map Preview Fracture

Hadokenchild

Proficient
Mar 6, 2013
Fracture has gone through a bit of an overhaul lately due to player feedback. Currently playable for Slayer (up to 6 teams of 2), Regicide, Oddball, KotH, CTF, and Extraction. It still needs testing, but it is very close to being ready for the public.

Overview: Before

Overview: After

Did I say "a bit of an overhaul"? I actually meant "completely redesigned". As you can see, she hardly looks like her former self. And so far, it has proven to be a GOOD thing. The terrain and elevations are now just as varied as the sight lines, which the original version sorely needed.

Current map weapons:
4x BR
2x Carbine
2x AR
1x Rocket Launcher - 150 sec, 1 clip
1x Needler - 90 sec, 1 clip
1x Sniper Rifle - 150 sec, 1 clip
1x Overshield - 150 sec

Well, I hope Fracture has caught your eye. I will hopefully have it ready for release this weekend if all goes well during testing.

Reactions: evergreen948
Jan 29, 2013
Two comments just from looking at the photos...

1. The banshee has no real cover other than to drop over the fence out of bounds. And for the map size I am guessing this is 4v4, which is too small to support a banshee.

2. I would drop the fence to just one unit over the top of the water. It would still give you that border feel, but it would not make the map seem so enclosed like a prison. I always try to avoid walls on my map, and when I have to have one I lower it to see the expansive scenery beyond it to make the map more open feeling.

Apr 27, 2013
Brisbane, Australia
Woah, this looks like a huge improvement. Before it seemed as if it consisted of rock cover and two platforms, now it feels like a proper map. That whole structure on the centre of the map makes it look like flow, sightlines, orientation and as you said variation, will be drastically improved. Not to mention it now looks great to boot. Cudos on the redesign.

Reactions: Hadokenchild