Forge ideas

Feb 25, 2013
Lately I've been having a lot of problems coming up with an interesting theme or layout for a map. So I decided to post this thread for myself, and others to come and get ideas for a map, I am particularly looking for ideas for a flood map.

A school theme perhaps? I haven't seen any yet. You can also make another linear Flood map with a Warthog chase phase like in Reach's Coastal Highway.

I've seen a really cool one with a broken down school bus in the middle of an intersection, but never one in a school or with an overall school theme. That could be cool. I've always thought a mad scientists lab would make for a cool flood map. I tried playing around with glass cloning chambers to spawn the flood in but I couldn't pull off anything significant. But you could have cloning chambers, robotic surgery arms made with weapons you can take, big cool computers that you could rig to explode. I'm just riffing here.

Once upon a time I had another idea that I'll never have the spare time to realize: You could use the flood as alien slave labor who are being forced to work in a futuristic factory or an asteroid mine or something and have them revolt. Make it all about this alien uprising. You could call it Revolution.

Kantalope

Master
Feb 24, 2013
How about a flood map in a aerospace testing facility with a turbine and wind tunnel? The wind tunnel could contain a jet/pelican and be used as a holdout/phase. I'm currently working on a BTB Heavies map with the same premise.