Map Preview Fool's Paradise

Dax

o/
Jan 12, 2013
Hey guys. So after having some unfixable framerate problems with my last map Rebirth, I decided it was best to just scrap the project and use it as inspiration for later projects down the road. So I went back to the drawing board and started looking at all the forge maps that have personally stuck out to me in the past. I wanted to find what made them so unique and learn from that, while at the same time being entirely unique myself. And this is what I've come up with - a symmetrical 3-base taking inspiration from Rebirth, Select, and Dream On.

The map still isn't completely finished, but since my controller just died and I don't feel like going to get batteries tonight, I figured I'd go ahead and post a preview.

An unfinished version is in my fileshare at the moment if anyone's interested in checking it out in-game. The map's a bit sloppy/bumpy in some areas (mostly in the center) but I plan on fixing it up soon. I also need to lower the basement level, finish up a few structural pieces, and place spawns. But if you have any feedback about the map I would love to hear it. At the moment, I'm fairly worried about the map being too open in some areas.

fp1_zps0b3ddeed.jpg

fp2_zps41d9b31c.jpg

fp3_zps0fe45764.jpg

Thanks for checking it out. Here is a link to the map on my fileshare.

Reactions: Titmar