Flood Fallen City [Flood]

a bored teen

Adept
Jan 20, 2013
Requiem
Fallen City (version 1) - Destroyed city

October 3, 2137. 23:00...New Indianapolis, district 18...
Today we reached the old district. I think it was constructed in the early 2020's...

October 5, 2137... 19:00 ...
Everyone's on edge. We lost Hensley to the flood. Our sensors have picked up a lot of movement on the outskirts of town. He may be one of them...

October 6, 2137... 06:00...
There coming...

Hello I am a bored teen and this is my map "fallen city"

With 2-14 players (can hold 16) this map is perfect for the flood...

Read more about this map...

PA1NTS

Master
Jan 1, 2013
You have an impressive map here bored teen. It's cool to see a destroyed map every once in a while. You pulled it off quite well. There is a couple things I'm gunna have to quote you on though.

...this map is perfect for the flood gametype...

...plenty of fun for players...

...perfect combination of aesthetics and gameplay...

It doesn't matter what kind of map you make, these kinds of statements should be left for others to decide.

A map thread should be a description of your map. Talk about the features of your map in an inviting way, a way that grabs players in and makes them interested in playing your map, without sounding selfish. You're really only downplaying the map by saying it's perfect because most people know that there is no perfect map. It makes you seem desperate for an audience. Rather than the audience being desperate to play your map.

I'm only trying to help. I had a similar attitude about my maps when I started releasing them. I then realized I was confusing "making a perfect map" with "improvingly drastically each time." This feeling of improvement and learning is a great feeling and at times, it led me to make statements like you did in this thread.

Sorry dude. I hope you can understand where I'm coming from. Keep up the good work. Keep on forging.

a bored teen

Adept
Jan 20, 2013
Requiem
You have an impressive map here bored teen. It's cool to see a destroyed map every once in a while. You pulled it off quite well. There is a couple things I'm gunna have to quote you on though.

It doesn't matter what kind of map you make, these kinds of statements should be left for others to decide.

A map thread should be a description of your map. Talk about the features of your map in an inviting way, a way that grabs players in and makes them interested in playing your map, without sounding selfish. You're really only downplaying the map by saying it's perfect because most people know that there is no perfect map. It makes you seem desperate for an audience. Rather than the audience being desperate to play your map.

I'm only trying to help. I had a similar attitude about my maps when I started releasing them. I then realized I was confusing "making a perfect map" with "improvingly drastically each time." This feeling of improvement and learning is a great feeling and at times, it led me to make statements like you did in this thread.

Sorry dude. I hope you can understand where I'm coming from. Keep up the good work. Keep on forging.

Ok thanks. I have had others say this though. But I've changed it. Thanks.

PA1NTS

Master
Jan 1, 2013
Much better. I would also include a picture before the wall of text. To grab the readers attention.