Map Preview Exin

Zandril

HC Veteran
May 2, 2013
42 Wallaby Way, Sydney
www.youtube.com
"If you can’t be criticized for it, it’s probably not remarkable. Are you devoting yourself to something devoid of criticism?"

Hello people of the forum. What do you think is the prettiest Forge canvas in Halo 4? Forge Island? Wrong.

It's Ravine. Seeing as I love Ravine so much, I decided to make another map in it. In fact, this is only my second competitive map on Ravine.

I call this map Exin.

Exin is latin for Next. Next = Next competitive map on Ravine. Yeah, I'm creative.

3MhlzqF.jpg

This map is asymmetric, pretty, and is built for 2v2. 1v1 can be played in the map as well but if you want action-packed gameplay, I suggest playing Exin on a 2v2.

Basically, I wanted to make a map that uses the waterfalls of Ravine. I've never seen a forge map put Ravine's waterfall area to good use so I decided to make a map that does.

That's the core idea that started this map. The waterfall. The pretty, pretty waterfall.

Exin is compatible with multiple gametypes. These being Slayer, Extraction, and KotH.

Something nice about this map is that its 3 power positions all serve different purposes in KotH and Extraction. Each power position overlooks a certain hill or extraction site which makes controlling that position essential to the victory.

For KotH and Extraction, a good strategy is having one teammate hold the hill/extract the target while his teammate goes to the power position overlooking that hill/site to prevent the enemy team from killing his teammate.

Controlling the power positions in this map in obective games is a MUST if a team wants to win.

MAP DOWNLOAD LINK: https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/.../details/02219c0d-5bb7-4e0d-969e-81e2891a73d2

RECOMMENDED GAMETYPES

Power weapons

- Sniper Rifle (90s respawn. 0 spare clips. Doesn't spawn at the start of the match.)
- Concussion Rifle (120s respawn. 0 spare clips.)

SCREENSHOTS

miBn8EB.jpg

TZ4MO83.jpg

Ds62Qxq.jpg

BMpekHq.jpg

0S03i2n.jpg

u2E2EP5.jpg

srnCpdp.jpg

NrOcjVI.jpg

Video

Reactions: Ro0k92 and IroKnee

theSpinCycle

Adept
Dec 31, 2012
Looks pretty good, Zandril. If I'd have to guess from the screenshots, I'd say it's ahead of Novus.

Just one thing. Please please please cover up the top of the tunnel long thing you have. It's so noisy. The rest of the map is pretty clean. For a lego kit Halo, that is.

Reactions: Zandril

RogerDodger

Master
Jan 20, 2013
USA
How did I miss this while looking over the pictures :vincent:

Where are the spaces where vehicular combat takes place? I don't see a single spot where driving around with the Warthog seems possible.

theSpinCycle

Adept
Dec 31, 2012
First impressions:

Xenos looks incredibly simple. Praelium looks better but seems like a very safe design from you - there's no overlap at all from what I can see. Not particularly impressed by either.

Again, those are just first impressions.

Reactions: IroKnee

Zandril

HC Veteran
May 2, 2013
42 Wallaby Way, Sydney
www.youtube.com
First impressions:

Xenos looks incredibly simple. Praelium looks better but seems like a very safe design from you - there's no overlap at all from what I can see. Not particularly impressed by either.

Again, those are just first impressions.
Thanks for the initial thoughts, Spin. Hope you get to play on either of them soon.

They're both miles ahead of Novus in terms of gameplay.