Flood Execution Chamber [Deleted]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Medina

Proficient
Jan 6, 2014
Southlake, TX
Execution Chamber (version 1.1) - The Minotaur Cometh.

Welcome To The Maze!!!
In The Execution Chamber, One of the largest and most confusing labyrinths in Halo History, You will be chased by The Minotaur, A Juggernaut Flood with a hammer.
You Can Either Hop in a Ghost (But You'll be One Hit KO'd if The Flood Hits You. Or Run Through The Maze, finding the various holdout points to keep the juggernaut back.
As The Minotaur, Trap Players in The Maze's bottomless...

Read more about this map...

RogerDodger

Master
Jan 20, 2013
USA
Of the four maps you've posted, this one may be the only I have a partial interest in. Have you tested this one, or any of the others?

Medina

Proficient
Jan 6, 2014
Southlake, TX
Of the four maps you've posted, this one may be the only I have a partial interest in. Have you tested this one, or any of the others?
This Map and All The Others has been tested extensivley with party sizes of 4, 6, 8, 10, and 12.
It works extremely well.
The version is 1.1
The original has spawning issues.
I'm Showcasing The (Current) maps and gametypes on a custom game tomorrow. Join If you want to.

RogerDodger

Master
Jan 20, 2013
USA
We played this last night. I may not know entirely the concept you were going for, so I will just report my feelings on what the game presented.
  • Flood were too durable, fast, and damaging. These may seem like relative terms, but there is still a method of balancing the power of the Flood.
  • The dominant strategy is to stay in a Ghost compared to walking about. If you want that, then enforce that concept. If not, then find a way to make unique gameplay for both alternatives.
  • When navigating the map in the Ghost, it seemed way too narrow and cramped. Also, the lack of elevation made encounters fairly uninteresting.
  • The starting room provided the best chance of survival because it gave the widest line of sight towards oncoming Flood. If there were bonuses to the humans further into the map, we couldn't see them, nor traverse the distance of the map before dying.

Medina

Proficient
Jan 6, 2014
Southlake, TX
Z3R0FLAME

This was the original concept.
-Have an extremely claustrophobic maze.
-Have an Unkillable, Juggernaut Flood Running Around.
-The Flood Has a Hammer (Don't Know How To Give A Flood The Hammer)
-The Flood's goal is to eliminate all players.
-Its Arena Style. (Once Human's Die, They stay dead).
-There is only supposed to be 1 flood.
-The Map Is supposed to have dark lighting. (Any Filter Suggestions)
-The Flood Is Supposed To Try to either kill players or lure them into traps onto the level.
-Last Man Standing Gets an Overshield and a Ghost.
-Journeying Further Into The Map gives you better holdout spots.
-Ex: Furthest Back = Turrets and Midway Point = Speed Boost
-No Vehicles (Ghosts Added At Last Minute).

***As You Know, The Map Is Very Different. Version 1.2 will be out later today with a fixed gametype and no ghosts***
-P.S. Do You have any clue how to give ravine a dark lighting scene?

RogerDodger

Master
Jan 20, 2013
USA
This was the original concept...
About the gametype: At this point I don't see regular Flood being able to suffice. You will probably require the modded "Infection" gametype that allows for a wider array of options. This is one place to find it. Note that this copy has been outfitted for the Artifact Temple gametype by Master Debaytes. You will obviously need to change the custom game settings (can be done in the game itself) to match your needs. I'm confident it can limit both humans and Jugg to one life, and give the Jugg a hammer. It will not be able to magically drop in a Ghost for the Last Man. That will have to be done using Forge mechanics in some manner as to reward the Last Man with a Ghost. One possible idea is to have him run past a dangerous obstacle in which anyone but him would die from (because of the Overshield he lives.)

As far as the maze itself is concerned, you can make it claustrophobic but that still requires it to be interesting. You will probably get further suggestions as you test it out more. Dark lighting is pretty hard on Ravine -- your map looks very transferable onto any canvas, so you may want to try forging underwater or using Impact lighting as shown in this video:

Status
Not open for further replies.