Introduction drop bizzle bounce

Dec 25, 2012
Hey guys, long time Halo fan here. Avid forger since Reach. Titmar brought me here from the "real life" place, where we are as good of friends as two assholes can be.

I love all things drumming and I'm always ready to talk sports.

Check this shit out:

Tedium

I Used to be Somebody
Dec 24, 2012
UK
Ahh, nice. A fellow drummer. What kind of music do you like playing? I've personally been playing for eight years, but am taking a break since I lost the connecting bar of my double bass pedal D:

Oh, and welcome! Hope you enjoy it here!

Dec 25, 2012
I love playing with swing and syncopation, so usually funky stuff. I love slower tempos, but I try and play all music. My favorites are usually creative and original, I really don't gravitate towards genre music. So lots of Zappa, hella, mr bungle, can, mars Volta, king crimson, stuff like that. I've been going for 5ish years, four piece with a double pedal. Cymbals and drum tuning have also become micro-hobbies for me. What's your cymbal setup?

You should just go to menards with your pedal and see what kind of hex-molded steel they got and just have it cut to size. Shouldn't cost more than $25. Menards has saved a lot of my hardware!

Tedium

I Used to be Somebody
Dec 24, 2012
UK
As great as Manards is, I haven't lived in America for over five years now, and they don't have it in the UK D: Do you know of any websites I could get something like that from? To be honest though, my pedal's only a Stagg, so I wouldn't mind replacing it altogether with a better one. Thing is, I just don't have the money after the Christmas Time :laugh:

Again, due to lack of money, my cymbal setup is pretty basic. I went five years before I finally got the money for a ride cymbal! At the moment I've got two crashes (one broken...) hi-hat and ride, 16", 14" and 20" respectively. I'm hoping to get a China and splash sometime soon, and a second floor Tom would be nice ^-^ What's your setup?

Dec 25, 2012
4 piece Ludwig Accent: 12" mount and 16" floor toms, with 22" bass. 10" dw blackout popcorn snare. Pretty cheap rig.

Cymbals are where my money starts to just spend itself. I bought a good ride early on (its my favorite part of any kit, I'm obsessed with rides lol) and have just been accumulating them when the deal/time is right.

22" K custom Dark Ride -- sensitive and articulate, reacts to the lightest touch, washy
13" K custom Dark HiHats -- fast and uniquely bright, almost sound like toys (in a good way)
18" Meinl Byzance crash -- extra dry, very contained wash, amazing for quieter stuff
18" Wuhan crash/ride -- best cymbal $50 can buy. perfect for louder stuff
16" no name china -- found at a local used music store, harsh and loud, trash to the max

Sorry if the descriptions make me sound pretentious, I'm totally not dude... I just love the opportunity to talk gear

I'm using a 4 year old iron cobra jr double kick. Thing is in awful shape, I need a new one pretty bad and think I'm gonna take the plunge on direct drive. That shit is freakin expensive though...

Dec 25, 2012
It's winnable for Chicago but it's all about Cutler getting the rest of the offense going. The entire league is tuned in to Marshall at this point, so I'm expecting double coverage all day long... Which means running the ball is going to be crucial. But with Forte and Bush injured, that could be dicey. I predict Chicago's D will play a stellar game.

That being said... They will be facing a desperate division rival on the road that is playing for pride. All things considered, a Lions victory is not only possible, it's likely; despite the Bears beatdown in week 7, this will be a very close game. I want the Bears to win (and likely make the playoffs with GB's help), but I am ultimately predicting a Lion's victory. Chicago tends to choke in important games.

Insane54

Founder
Dec 23, 2012
New York, New York
www.halocustoms.com
It's winnable for Chicago but it's all about Cutler getting the rest of the offense going. The entire league is tuned in to Marshall at this point, so I'm expecting double coverage all day long... Which means running the ball is going to be crucial. But with Forte and Bush injured, that could be dicey. I predict Chicago's D will play a stellar game.
But the Lions' secondary is awful (arguably the worst in the league), while the front four has some great talent, even with injuries. I doubt the Lions will be managing to do double coverage without leaving other WRs wildly open, and probably won't even prevent Marshall from getting some nice yardage.

That being said... They will be facing a desperate division rival on the road that is playing for pride. All things considered, a Lions victory is not only possible, it's likely; despite the Bears beatdown in week 7, this will be a very close game. I want the Bears to win (and likely make the playoffs with GB's help), but I am ultimately predicting a Lion's victory. Chicago tends to choke in important games.
I'm predicting a Bears win (as a Lions fan). Our offense is TECHNICALLY good, but we seem to get picked off constantly by good defenses like Chicago and it kills us -- in one of our previous games, the other team had 21 points on something like 7 yards of offense. It's ridiculous. I think this game is all dependent on how well each team's secondary plays. We've seen some flashes of awesomeness from the Lion's D, but they'll need to step it up to win this game and leave us with SOMETHING into the offseason. On the other side of the ball, Chicago will need to shut down Calvin Johnson, who otherwise will likely be looking well past 2,000 receiving yards on the season.