• No.

Votes: 4 22.2%

• Total voters

PandaMan

Master
Jan 24, 2013
California
plug.dj
I don't think that they should be there in the way that they are now. I love the concept, but I think that they did it wrong, somehow. I have no idea how to elaborate.

Skyward Shoe

Platinum in Destiny
Dec 24, 2012
Redmond, Washington
With the changes you proposed to Loadouts, what else needs to be fixed for that to function well?
I believe I said before that plasma pistols, boltshots, and all kinds of grenades need to appear placed on maps. Power weapons should re-spawn on initial drops as well so that they are there reliably to counter re-spawing vehicles. Vehicles on maps need to be returned to normal levels for normal BTB modes. Camo should be a pickup on some maps, whether as a power up like overshield or speed boost or just the armor ability. After that I think the sandbox would work pretty well, as I didn't change too much in my version and a lot of what is there works well. To me Halo 4 is like a puzzle with a lot of good pieces but a few bad ones and a few that aren't quite put together right.

Reactions: Psychoduck
Feb 9, 2013
Australia
I feel that the biggest problem with Halo 4 BTB is the personal ordinance. As others have said, it completely ruins the whole risk vs reward concept by just giving you an overpowered weapon. Here's my suggestion to fix this ordinance problem (or to at least improve it).

I think that there should be a tier based ordinance system. So basically, every time you get an ordinance, you can either choose to pick an ordinance option, or to skip the ordinance and go to the next tier. With each new tier comes better weapons. So for example, on your first ordinance, you are on tier 1. You can either choose to pick a tier 1 weapon, or skip it. If you choose to skip it, then the next time you get an ordinance, you will move on to tier 2, with some better weapons than tier 1. If you choose to skip this, then you move on to tier 3 the next time you get ordinance with the overpowered weapons. If you choose to get a weapon at any moment, then you will revert back to Tier one for your next ordinance.

Tier 1 weapons:
- Needler
- Grenades (Pulse, Frag, Plasma)
- Speed Boost
- Scattershot
- Shotgun
- Concussion Rifle

Tier 2 Weapons:
- Saw
- Railgun
- Sticky Detonator
- Energy Sword
- Gravity Hammer
- Overshield

Tier 3 Weapons:
- Sniper Rifle
- Beam Rifle
- Binary Rifle
- Rocket Launcher
- Incineration Cannon
- Spartan Laser
- Fuel Rod Cannon
- Damage Boost

I think that with this system, it would reduce the amount of power weapons in BTB games, and make it so that the more skilled players will get the better weapons. Feel free to disagree.

SOLIDSNAKEee

Salad Snack
Jan 26, 2013
Ireland
I love the ability to have custom load outs. It leads to a lot of variety in matches and lets you play the way you want to. That said, I think they need some changes to balance them out with the rest of the sandbox.

Primaries: Unchanged
Secondaries: Magnum only (unless using Firepower Perk)
Grenades: Frag only, always.
Armor abilities: Camo Removed.
Tactical Packages: Resupply removed but added as a basic feature for everyone. Players can inherently pick up dropped grenades from others like before.
Support Upgrades: Unchanged

Plasma Pistols, Boltshots, Plasma Grenades, and Pulse Grenades, and Active Camoflauge are on map as pickup weapons/ equipment. There already are some grenades on most maps so this isn't a big problem. I don't really have a big issue with jetpack, half the time it seems like it hurts the users more that it helps them by making them a target. Plus it got a huge nerf in Halo 4. If people want to use it I'll keep making sure they don't get back to the ground alive. ;)

This and then more times this ^^^^. Although I think ordnance could be used better.Instead of having power weapons > nades > powers ups , why not just make it so it drops medium weapons? By this I mean instead of , lets say a concussion rifle why not have a bolt shot or plasma pistol instead? It would give a minor advantage in the battlefield , allowing for diversity but not over powering the player.

Skyward Shoe

Platinum in Destiny
Dec 24, 2012
Redmond, Washington
Ok, so I was talking with Ablesir Thomas and Psychoduck the other day, and we came up with an epic solution to secondary weapons in Personal Loadouts.

The plasma pistol becomes and on map weapon, and the boltshot either is removed or follows the plasma pistol. The magnum stays. In the place of these 2 old weapons, 2 new ones take their place: The Machine Pistol and the Hand Cannon. These alternate secondaries are described below and fill new roles in the Halo sandbox.

Machine Pistol: A fully automatic pistol with no scope, similar to a small SMG. It doesn't do as much damage as the AR and takes nearly a full clip to kill, but is useful for stripping shields at close range and has a high rate of fire but a large clip. This would go will with precision weapons without forcing you to sacrifice a slot to get a spray weapon as well.

Hand Cannon: This heavy duty pistol has a small magazine but fires powerful, high impact shots. It is fairly inaccurate, has no scope, and a small clip but each shot does a good amount of damage. In addition, the push of the shot and the damage allow it to suppress vehicles a bit. Though it won't do a ton of damage to them, the push and small amount of damage allows teams to coordinate fire and help scare vehicles out of an area or to kill weak ones.

With these 2 weapons players would still be motivated to use all of the secondaries but they would not break the game like the current ones do. The Machine Pistol helps open up shields but still requires a headshot afterward to be effective. The Hand Cannon provides self defense against vehicles and infantry without allowing players to instantly take down a vehicle on foot.

SOLIDSNAKEee

Salad Snack
Jan 26, 2013
Ireland
I don't know , they seem a little OP to me as starting weapons.Maybe as off spawn pick ups but not as a starting weapon as the hand cannon would just cause another problem like the boltshot.

Skyward Shoe

Platinum in Destiny
Dec 24, 2012
Redmond, Washington
I don't know , they seem a little OP to me as starting weapons.Maybe as off spawn pick ups but not as a starting weapon as the hand cannon would just cause another problem like the boltshot.
The idea is that the hand cannon would be slower and less accurate than the magnum with no scope but would deal a good amount of damage. Both weapons would be balanced as such that a primary weapon will always kill faster or be much easier to use, such as the magnum does now. Hand Cannon might kill in 4-6 shots but only have a 6 shot clip and be slow and difficult to use, but if used in conjunction with another weapon to clean up a kill (ex. AR to no shield, Hand Cannon to finish) it would be more usable. That's the whole idea of a secondary, to support the primary or act as a backup.

Edit: And the Hand Cannon can help players suppress vehicles as well but still forces them to either team shoot, find a power weapon or plamsa pistol/ nades, or to hijack to actually kill it unless it is already really damaged.

Reactions: SOLIDSNAKEee

SOLIDSNAKEee

Salad Snack
Jan 26, 2013
Ireland
The idea is that the hand cannon would be slower and less accurate than the magnum with no scope but would deal a good amount of damage. Both weapons would be balanced as such that a primary weapon will always kill faster or be much easier to use, such as the magnum does now. Hand Cannon might kill in 4-6 shots but only have a 6 shot clip and be slow and difficult to use, but if used in conjunction with another weapon to clean up a kill (ex. AR to no shield, Hand Cannon to finish) it would be more usable. That's the whole idea of a secondary, to support the primary or act as a backup.

Edit: And the Hand Cannon can help players suppress vehicles as well but still forces them to either team shoot, find a power weapon or plamsa pistol/ nades, or to hijack to actually kill it unless it is already really damaged.

The point I'm trying to make is , regardless of how good that logic is , it can always be abused. Unless it was;

1) Inaccurate after a short range
2) Had a timely reload ( stopping it from being spammed or abused significantly )
3) 1 shot per mag with a total around 3-4 rounds ( this would ensure that ever shot would have to count )
4) Only had stopping power but not enough to kill maybe draining half a shield , this would go with your point of it could be used to slow down vehicles or destroy them if they were already heavily damaged.It would also allow for some easy clean up kills with a precision weapon.

Though I still have my doubts about the machine pistol.

Skyward Shoe

Platinum in Destiny
Dec 24, 2012
Redmond, Washington
The point I'm trying to make is , regardless of how good that logic is , it can always be abused. Unless it was;

1) Inaccurate after a short range
2) Had a timely reload ( stopping it from being spammed or abused significantly )
3) 1 shot per mag with a total around 3-4 rounds ( this would ensure that ever shot would have to count )
4) Only had stopping power but not enough to kill maybe draining half a shield , this would go with your point of it could be used to slow down vehicles or destroy them if they were already heavily damaged.It would also allow for some easy clean up kills with a precision weapon.

Though I still have my doubts about the machine pistol.
The point with the Machine Pistol is that it can clear shields in about half it's clip, then take almost the rest of the clip to kill, but it has the range of a suppressor and kills much slower than one. Head to head any of the 3 short range primaries would slaughter it, but it's something you can have for anti-personal defense in a tight corner if you chose say a light rifle or DMR.

As for the Hand Cannon, it would need to be tweaked well if it ever happened. Still better choices than what we have now in loadouts.

SOLIDSNAKEee

Salad Snack
Jan 26, 2013
Ireland
The point with the Machine Pistol is that it can clear shields in about half it's clip, then take almost the rest of the clip to kill, but it has the range of a suppressor and kills much slower than one. Head to head any of the 3 short range primaries would slaughter it, but it's something you can have for anti-personal defense in a tight corner if you chose say a light rifle or DMR.

As for the Hand Cannon, it would need to be tweaked well if it ever happened. Still better choices than what we have now in loadouts.

I don't know man , I'm just not feeling the machine pistol though the Hand Cannon could work but as you've said it would need alot of fine tuning ( something we all know 343 isn't the best at ).But yeah our off spawn weapons are just ridiculous , PP and the infamous Boltshot which can be/is one hit kill and thats without adding nades to the mix.

I still think what you stated before could work altering the primaries for a diversity play styles , support upgrades and tactical packages can still work fine though picking up grenades w/o using a tactical package would be great to , a resupply of ordinance ( as an example pistol ammo , AR/BR/DMR ammo but I know you're already accustom to this idea ) and a freaking pistol without the option to edit :laugh:. God it'd be perfect :heart:.

Feb 9, 2013
Australia
I feel that the biggest problem with Halo 4 BTB is the personal ordinance. As others have said, it completely ruins the whole risk vs reward concept by just giving you an overpowered weapon. Here's my suggestion to fix this ordinance problem (or to at least improve it).

I think that there should be a tier based ordinance system. So basically, every time you get an ordinance, you can either choose to pick an ordinance option, or to skip the ordinance and go to the next tier. With each new tier comes better weapons. So for example, on your first ordinance, you are on tier 1. You can either choose to pick a tier 1 weapon, or skip it. If you choose to skip it, then the next time you get an ordinance, you will move on to tier 2, with some better weapons than tier 1. If you choose to skip this, then you move on to tier 3 the next time you get ordinance with the overpowered weapons. If you choose to get a weapon at any moment, then you will revert back to Tier one for your next ordinance.

Tier 1 weapons:
- Needler
- Grenades (Pulse, Frag, Plasma)
- Speed Boost
- Scattershot
- Shotgun
- Concussion Rifle

Tier 2 Weapons:
- Saw
- Railgun
- Sticky Detonator
- Energy Sword
- Gravity Hammer
- Overshield

Tier 3 Weapons:
- Sniper Rifle
- Beam Rifle
- Binary Rifle
- Rocket Launcher
- Incineration Cannon
- Spartan Laser
- Fuel Rod Cannon

I think that with this system, it would reduce the amount of power weapons in BTB games, and make it so that the more skilled players will get the better weapons. Feel free to disagree.

Forgot to mention, perhaps the boltshot and plasma pistol could be added to the Tier 1 weapons if they would be taken out of loadouts.

FREEDOM COBRA

Distinguished
Jan 18, 2013
United States, Mississippi
For some unknown reason the thread was randomly unwatched? Anyway I come back and you guys wrote a whole novel?!

Armor abilities: Camo Removed.

Whoa, whoa. I think camo is one of the most balanced. After playing Halo so long it sticks out more than it hides the player, but it still works from very far away or on new players. If any AA stays it needs to be AC or "My Little Homie"(sentry).

Hand Cannon: This heavy duty pistol has a small magazine but fires powerful, high impact shots. It is fairly inaccurate, has no scope, and a small clip but each shot does a good amount of damage. In addition, the push of the shot and the damage allow it to suppress vehicles a bit. Though it won't do a ton of damage to them, the push and small amount of damage allows teams to coordinate fire and help scare vehicles out of an area or to kill weak ones.

With these 2 weapons players would still be motivated to use all of the secondaries but they would not break the game like the current ones do. The Machine Pistol helps open up shields but still requires a headshot afterward to be effective. The Hand Cannon provides self defense against vehicles and infantry without allowing players to instantly take down a vehicle on foot.

Where was this when we had the weapon idea thread going?

Skyward Shoe

Platinum in Destiny
Dec 24, 2012
Redmond, Washington
For some unknown reason the thread was randomly unwatched? Anyway I come back and you guys wrote a whole novel?!

Whoa, whoa. I think camo is one of the most balanced. After playing Halo so long it sticks out more than it hides the player, but it still works from very far away or on new players. If any AA stays it needs to be AC or "My Little Homie"(sentry).

Where was this when we had the weapon idea thread going?

Camo is currently actually broken in Halo 4 for one thing. Like, I just played 2 games of BTIS and saw at least 3 people using a glitch that allows you to be in camo with no radar noise whatsoever. Even with that fixed though when a whole team has access to active camo it leads to a much more campy game where you are just constantly being engaged before you can even hope to see an enemy nearby. When camo was a pickup it was used more to infiltrate the enemy base in flag, allowing the player to slip in undetected and have a chance to pull it out before dying. With it as a spawn item though it leads more to camping the base or key areas.

We just came up with the weapon ideas a few days ago while discussing what to do with loadouts. Of the 3 of us there was one person who was in favor of the plasma pistol and 2 that were not, and this was where we compromised, a weapon that could help suppress vehicles off spawn but not lead to their demise from a single player. The Machine Pistol then came in to replace the bolt shot as a close range support weapon meant to help strip shields instead of killing instantly.

SOLIDSNAKEee

Salad Snack
Jan 26, 2013
Ireland
I think if there is going to be AC then power ups need to be brought back , plain and simple.If its a map item its going to be rarer AND if you know the map then you'll know its spawn location which would be key to allowing your team to take an early lead, granted you'd have to be a skilled assassin but still the point stands.

EagleTitan99

Qualified
Jul 28, 2013
I think that it should stay close to what there is now, but make it harder to acquire or get rid of completely the plasma pistol and plasma grenades. I say this especially for big team maps with lots of vehicles, it's sometimes incredibly difficult to be able to use any vehicles as most of them get wrecked in the first couple minutes. I think it might actually be a good idea to replace the insta-kill power weapons in personal ordinance and instead replace it with the more powerful stuff that are currently options in

I liked the loadouts offered in the Reach multiplayer, it was well-rounded and balanced -my favorite were the ones in Invasion-. I think that the Halo multiplayer would be good with loadouts if you had only a few options that were based to counter infantry (no plasma pistol\plasma grenades), personal ordinance harder to acquire or no\less power weapons, and more playlists with no custom loadouts.
So to sum it up, loadouts do belong, but with less powerful choices