Destiny Reveal Halo ODST

iws27

Adept
Jan 10, 2013
Requium
I was recently searching for a new pic for my avatar, and I found this under "Destiny Game Pics." Here's my pic:
Destiny Teaser.jpeg

Sweet, huh? You know anything about this?

THIS IS DESTINY
HC Avatar.jpeg

Reactions: dividing MDH

Dividing MDH

Adept
Feb 2, 2013
Australia
I reckon Bungie made this at random, and got the idea dof Destiny through this, I don't think they planned Destiny since 2009, but halfway through the production of Halo reach or Post Halo Reach launch.
Still pretty awesome though ;)

Essias

C'est la vie, mon ami
Dec 24, 2012
Los Angeles
I reckon Bungie made this at random, and got the idea dof Destiny through this, I don't think they planned Destiny since 2009, but halfway through the production of Halo reach or Post Halo Reach launch.
Still pretty awesome though ;)

You don't think they were already planning their next project before starting the current one? That's not how AAA studios typically work.

Besides, they bought themselves from MS (after being bought shortly before) during ODST (I think?) and with Reach stated it was their last Halo title. That's a certainty that comes with knowing what your studio will be working on for the next few years (not to mention 10).

Dividing MDH

Adept
Feb 2, 2013
Australia
You don't think they were already planning their next project before starting the current one? That's not how AAA studios typically work.

Besides, they bought themselves from MS (after being bought shortly before) during ODST (I think?) and with Reach stated it was their last Halo title. That's a certainty that comes with knowing what your studio will be working on for the next few years (not to mention 10).

Yes, it does actually make sense for them to be in an extended period of pre-production, because the results speak for themselves, Portal. But, I think that I think this may have been squeezed in right before ODST was code locked, which I think is when Destiny pre-production would have started. Also, while we're on the subject, the only game I've seen so far to not become truly great despite it's extended pre-production time is Halo 4.

Sure it was really good, but 343i had to fix up major issues throughout the game, because they spent so long in pre-production I think they had to cut corners to ship it in time.