Map Preview Derreal

Hyojinx

Proficient
Jan 10, 2013
Update v.1.1: Yes I know, I know, how can you have a n update not even an hour from the original post? Well guess what we all can you just have to modevate urself. lol anyway in the last pic, where the middle is, I have just added a upper floor in the bases right around where the 5x1 block is on each base.
Notice only team games as in red vs blue.

Derreal is a 2-8 player competitive map that is stationed on the cliffside of the forge canvas ravine. It has a neutrul energy sword and shotgun in the middle of the map. It also has a needler and plasma gernades for each team nearer there spawn. In front of each spawn is a base for each spawn containing two floors, which isnt in the picture because I just added it today. Plus behind each spawn is a flank route to get behind blue or red base. There is also a route under the bases that goes to both bases. This map supports right now ctf, koth, and slayer. I might add oddball based on future testing and feedback. You can find this map in my file share-- File share search-- Hyojinx-- Download Derreal. Or look at this pictures and decide to not download it but thats up to you.
Red Spawn:
Derreal Red Spawn.jpg

Now here is the Blue Spawn:
Derreal Blue Spawn.jpg

Here is now the red walkway but you can ignore the crap thats under the walkway because you will not see that when playing this map:
Derreal Red Walkway.jpg
Now here is the blue walkway which is a better picture because it doesnt show the stuff under the structure:
Derreal Blue Walkway.jpg
Now here is the middle cargo way were the energy sword spwan is:
Derreal Mid cargo bay.jpg
And now last but not least here is the middle of the structure:
Derreal Middle.jpg
As you can see the blue and red bases are on the left and right .You can also now see the openings under the bottum of those bases which interconnect. If I were to move the picture a little to the right or left you would see the red and blue spawns. If you look toward the back of the pic where the crates are outside that is where the cargo bay is. Well now that I have posted this you guys can now download the testing version, play it and or look at it in forge and then please give me some feedback. I would love to have some to further improve the map based off of ur review. Thanks guys, and have a nice night!

Hyojinx

Proficient
Jan 10, 2013
  • Update: Tweaked spawns
  • Fixed ramp LOS
  • Fixed gravity lifts
  • And more minor tweaks to asthentics and forge

Bloodbath Tony

Proficient
Feb 19, 2013
Sleek aesthetics, although for how nice the walkways look, what encourages players to use them? It seems the two teams can just blitz each other repeatedly at center. Still, the use of varied pieces makes for a good range of visuals during combat.

Hyojinx

Proficient
Jan 10, 2013
The walkways are for the grenade spawns. They are also mostly used for an alternate route to the center of the map. Though through the last time I had tested it nobody had used it for a blitz across the map because most likly one of the other teams spartans would be watching that area, due to the energy sword spawning there. Also because most times during gameplay action shifts between that main hallway right next to cargo port and the main room. So when the action is at that hallway anyone would be able to catch a flanking enemy just by seeing him on your radar while he is running on by. There is also different ways to flank, if not flank go up to the front line, of the enemy team by taking the route that goes from one base to the other underground. Though thank you for your feedback and complements.