[Dec 29, 2012] Casually competitive customs and map testing (o Nondual o)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nondual

Be in the Now
Host gamertag: o Nondual o (and “Nondual Customs” is my overflow Gamertag)

Customs tonight (12/29) at 9:00 MST 10:00 Central.
For about 3 hours

The types of games my friends and I enjoy playing would fall somewhere in middle ground in-between minigames/infection and MLG. Basically similar to what you will find in matchmaking but with different twists to make things fresh, balanced, and above all more exciting with lots of explosions.

A couple of examples would be:
-Playing KOTH on Complex with 16 ghosts, Hills customized for said Ghosts, and players spawning with anti ghost weapons ie: sticky detonators, rail guns, gravity hammers, etc.
-Playing one flag on abandon, complex, or a custom erosion map that I made.
-Playing Neutral bomb (griffball with weapons) on Solace (or pretty much any of the symmetrical maps.)
-Playing Slayer with different and awesome starting weapons on any given map.

I have a bunch of different maps and gametypes I’m working on, and I’m always on the lookout for more amazing stuff. If you want to play something, I’m always open to requests.

However, my friends and I don’t like to play too much infection or minigames unless there’s lots of action, players are encourage NOT to hide, and everyone has unlimited lives. And a couple of MLG type games aren’t too bad either, but in general we prefer gametypes and maps with more variety and vehicles.

I am open to helping people test out their maps. That is one of the main functions of our custom games.

The DLC maps are encouraged, but not required.

Having a mic, and being funny is also encouraged, but not required. (If being funny was always required, I’d have to kick myself out most of the time.)

We play with anywhere from 6-16 people. It just depends on who’s on.

HOW TO JOIN:
My main account (o Nondual o) friends list is full, but I have an overflow account (Nondual Customs) that you are welcome to send a friend request to. If you would rather not send out a friend request, I’m also friends with several of the guys here on the site Vincent Torre, Teetmare, and Insane54. And if your friends with one of my friends, I’ll be able to look through their friends list in order to invite you. Those are the easiest ways I know of.

Please post below if you would like and invite, and I will do what I can to get you in as soon as possible.

Above all, I all about having fun in a constructive and polite environment (usually things are pretty ridiculous though.)

Reactions: Titmar

Titmar

Le Mar du Teet
Dec 23, 2012
I will be around, but I am also going to be hosting a customs party tonite, so we'll see what happens!

Reactions: Nondual

Titmar

Le Mar du Teet
Dec 23, 2012
hey, how was it? i saw you coming on and off from Live all night so i was confused.

Nondual

Be in the Now
Custom games keep getting better and better, a big thanks to everyone that made it. We had a really full party all night, and things went pretty smooth. A lot of the content we played was really new, and in need of some refinement, but that's always the case.

hey, how was it? i saw you coming on and off from Live all night so i was confused.

My connection crashed a couple of times, is the reason I kept re-signing on. My brother is in town, and was online at my place playing with us. My connection isn't the best (everything over here in Idaho is powered by hamsters and potatoes) so with both of us on, and me getting host, my interwebz to FREAKED OUT! Lol. Wasn't too bad though.

Reactions: Vincent Torre

Titmar

Le Mar du Teet
Dec 23, 2012
do you ever make videos of your game nights? i'd be interested in seeing the new content.

Nondual

Be in the Now
do you ever make videos of your game nights? i'd be interested in seeing the new content.

I don't have a capture device, but I would like to start capturing video of our game nights and posting highlights on youtube. It's probably going to be some time before I'll have the spare cash to get a device unfortunately. I've been doing charity work for the last 6 months and will be doing more for probably the next 6. So cash flow is low! Lol, but hopefully I'll be able to get one around summer time-ish.

In the meantime, I'll have to see if I can catch you online this week or something, and we can swap content, I noticed you had a bunch of sweet stuff yourself. That 'Valley of Pleasure" was pretty awesome, do you know if it's set up for Rocket Race? Also, most of the content I'm working on isn't quite ready for sharing with a lot of people, because it needs more testing (I've been out of town a lot, is the reason things are kind of moving along slowly.) But I would be happy to show you what I've got.

Like Vincent was saying, and I mentioned in my custom game announcement, a lot of it is just different ways of playing the default maps. I have been doing a bit of forging as well, but my forging isn't the most amazing thing in the world. Several of my friends split screen, so I try to make and find stuff that doesn't cause too many frame rate issues (sadly, this means most maps need to be around or below 4000 in budget.)

: )

Status
Not open for further replies.