Gaming Deadpool

Essias

C'est la vie, mon ami
Dec 24, 2012
Los Angeles
Man they really fucked up his character. He's annoying to other characters in the comics, but not to the reader.

They just made him fucking obnoxious and full of himself. (Deadpool is a self-loathing piece of shit that acts arrogant to feel better about himself).

FREEDOM COBRA

Distinguished
Jan 18, 2013
United States, Mississippi
Man they really fucked up his character. He's annoying to other characters in the comics, but not to the reader.

They just made him fucking obnoxious and full of himself. (Deadpool is a self-loathing piece of shit that acts arrogant to feel better about himself).
No, since "Marvel Now" they fixed some of the things Daniel Way fuked up with the character. Plus, not all characters hate him, Cable has always respected him, Wolverine has a odd relationship, and many of them are scared of him.

Essias

C'est la vie, mon ami
Dec 24, 2012
Los Angeles
No, since "Marvel Now" they fixed some of the things Daniel Way fuked up with the character. Plus, not all characters hate him, Cable has always respected him, Wolverine has a odd relationship, and many of them are scared of him.

You completely misinterpreted everything I said.

I've read the original comics, I know Deadpool. People in the universe that are as powerful or moreso find him annoying because he doesn't shut up. The people making the game took that as "he's annoying to the audience too." To people in the universe he's an arrogant bastard. The game devs took that without looking at the fact that his monologues and characterization are of that of someone with self-doubt and pity who looks for direction in life (hence him always working "with the good guys" and trying to fit in while still being an anti-hero). He's even moved on from being just a merc to being a guy with a conscience. There was a recent arc where they had to kill a highly questionable target to prevent some apocalypse from coming and he was the only one on the team unwilling to do it.

But the people making this game just took him at face value because they think that's what makes him great. Sure he's hilarious, and sure he talks a lot, but the reasons for it are what make otherwise annoying behavior funny and endearing.

They fucked him up.

Reactions: Fuzzle

FREEDOM COBRA

Distinguished
Jan 18, 2013
United States, Mississippi
You completely misinterpreted everything I said.

I've read the original comics, I know Deadpool. People in the universe that are as powerful or moreso find him annoying because he doesn't shut up. The people making the game took that as "he's annoying to the audience too." To people in the universe he's an arrogant bastard. The game devs took that without looking at the fact that his monologues and characterization are of that of someone with self-doubt and pity who looks for direction in life (hence him always working "with the good guys" and trying to fit in while still being an anti-hero). He's even moved on from being just a merc to being a guy with a conscience. There was a recent arc where they had to kill a highly questionable target to prevent some apocalypse from coming and he was the only one on the team unwilling to do it.

But the people making this game just took him at face value because they think that's what makes him great. Sure he's hilarious, and sure he talks a lot, but the reasons for it are what make otherwise annoying behavior funny and endearing.

They fucked him up.
O, yea I see what you mean. So, you think that they basically took Deapools personality away and made him nothing more than a mindless killer that pisses everyone(including the player) off. What your saying also ties into what I said. Daniel Way was the main person who turned Deadpool into a childs cartoon, but Marvel Now is trying to fix that. I've been trying to read the originals too through way of Deapool classic.