Competitive Crucible

Conuvus

Novice
Dec 2, 2013
Crucible (version 0.1) - Comptetitive Work In Progress, on inside "Foundry"

This is my first attempt at a semi-competitive / semi-casual slayer/CTF map I wanted to make for my friends and I to play on. I am looking for any kind of feedback or suggestions as to what could work.

The map is in the building interior, Foundry from H3, of Erosion. The highlight of the map is to be the central pillar that will serve both as a reference point, and a power position. It will only be accessible by way of jetpack so not all players are intended to be able to get up there....

Read more about this map...

RogerDodger

Master
Jan 20, 2013
USA
Oh gosh, where do I begin...
  • The map isn't finished. It shouldn't be posted as a help line in the Maps section. Making a Map Preview thread in the Forge section is the way to go.
  • Spreading between both the Colosseum and the exterior region might be okay for Flood, but not Competitive. Pick one and stick with it.
  • Even without seeing the "rest of the map", there are portions that I would condone based on what I see. Prefabricated bases rarely function well because of their geometry and flow issues. Try to make what you are conceptualizing out of blocks, and then you'll know whether the map's concept is flawed or not.

Reactions: GrmnEscaltrPrty
Oh gosh, where do I begin...
  • The map isn't finished. It shouldn't be posted as a help line in the Maps section. Making a Map Preview thread in the Forge section is the way to go.
  • Spreading between both the Colosseum and the exterior region might be okay for Flood, but not Competitive. Pick one and stick with it.
  • Even without seeing the "rest of the map", there are portions that I would condone based on what I see. Prefabricated bases rarely function well because of their geometry and flow issues. Try to make what you are conceptualizing out of blocks, and then you'll know whether the map's concept is flawed or not.
I think its based on Fables Crucible areas that are wide open. I can tell its open because of those pictures and therefore thats why I think this map was constructed and why it got its name.

Sgt x Slaphead

BK Forger Extraordinaire
Feb 18, 2013
I would try to avoid over using pre-made buildings. It is more work but far more rewarding to create your own structures from the more basic pieces like blocks and walls. They are simple but forging is about bringing these plastic boxes we were given together to turn them in to something great.

Conuvus

Novice
Dec 2, 2013
Thank you for all the feedback, I will definitely include some changes moving forward. Quick question, where is the help line on the maps section? I did not see a tab or anything for that, should I take this post down or is there a way to move it to that section?

I was planning on filling in the blank spaces with cover, any suggestions?

-I guess the fact it shares a name with Fable's crucible is a happy coincidence as I am awful with coming up with names. ;)

Thank you for all the feedback, I will definitely include some changes moving forward. Quick question, where is the help line on the maps section? I did not see a tab or anything for that, should I take this post down or is there a way to move it to that section?

I was planning on filling in the blank spaces with cover, any suggestions?

-I guess the fact it shares a name with Fable's crucible is a happy coincidence as I am awful with coming up with names. ;)
Same here. I also dont remember where the help line is.

Conuvus

Novice
Dec 2, 2013
Conuvus updated Crucible with a new update entry:

Crucible v0.2

New year new map!
Made some changes to my previous map.

Constructed bases from blocks this time. Added color coordination for sides.

View attachment 7766 Front of Blue Base

View attachment 7768 (Side View)

View attachment 7767(Inside)

View attachment 7769 (Base Jump Up)

Lowered the middle structure to make it more jetpack friendly. Added a ring around the lower part of it for added mobility.
View attachment 7770

Overall Layout.
View attachment 7771...

Read the rest of this update entry...