Competitive Crest

Sgt x Slaphead

BK Forger Extraordinaire
Feb 18, 2013
Now this is the kind of map I would want to have a sweaty 1v1 on!
This map has that old style halo arena map feel. Liking it!

Reactions: a Chunk

Psychoduck

Round Objects™
Dec 23, 2012
Greater Seattle Area
I played SWAT on here a while back. It turns out that it's not the best SWAT map in the world, but it's still a solid map to be sure. The Derelict style layout worked nicely for the most part. There were a few issues I had, however. The bottom level of the map is, essentially, entirely flat. There's a few humps to break up line of sight, but that's it. I would consider these humps to be a form of lazy cover, and all of this made fights on the ground floor extremely uninteresting. The upper level as well, mostly being based around the same height, made for some rather uninteresting fights from a vertical standpoint. There just wasn't much depth to the combat, and it became rather predictable. I'm not quite sure what the best solution to all of this would be, as these along with some awkward segmentation are things built into the Derelict style design. I do like what you've done with the Green and Orange(?) corners (I think those were different when i played it), and I think that those areas help with the otherwise somewhat lacking segmentation on the map. I think that breaking up the height of certain areas throughout the map to create more height variation would go a long way towards improving the map as well.

As a disclaimer, I've only played the map once. It was a while ago, and it was on a game type which didn't suit the map particularly well. This is just what I remembered from that one game. Still, I think there must be at least some validity in what I've stated above. Hopefully I'll get to play this again before long.

Reactions: a Chunk

a Chunk

Master
Nov 14, 2013
As a disclaimer, I've only played the map once. It was a while ago, and it was on a game type which didn't suit the map particularly well. This is just what I remembered from that one game. Still, I think there must be at least some validity in what I've stated above. Hopefully I'll get to play this again before long.
Agreed on all counts. Between the update after you initially played the map, and another update that hasn't yet been released, all of those issues have been addressed to some extent, except for the lack of elevation change on the upper level. I'll try to finish up the most recent update and get it out this week.
I appreciate the feedback.

Reactions: Psychoduck