Gaming Creepiest/Scariest locations in gaming.

The7thSeal

Expert
Jan 12, 2013
Lincolnshire, UK
I've been thinking about this for a while, but there are some really creepy places in gaming. Sometimes, you get ones that are subtly creepy, other times, they are openly designed to make you wet yourselves with terror.
So my question to you is this: What is the creepiest/scariest location you've seen in gaming?

Mine would probably be Ravenholm. The reason being that it's filled with zombies. Tonnes of them (Which is bad enough before you know what the sounds they make actually are). There are deadly traps all over the place, and the town itself has a creepy, old, deserted and rundown look to it. To top it all off, you have a borderline psychotic priest running around the rooftops. He doesn't attack you or anything, but by God is he creepy.

I've been thinking about this for a while, but there are some really creepy places in gaming. Sometimes, you get ones that are subtly creepy, other times, they are openly designed to make you wet yourselves with terror.
So my question to you is this: What is the creepiest/scariest location you've seen in gaming?

Mine would probably be Ravenholm. The reason being that it's filled with zombies. Tonnes of them (Which is bad enough before you know what the sounds they make actually are). There are deadly traps all over the place, and the town itself has a creepy, old, deserted and rundown look to it. To top it all off, you have a borderline psychotic priest running around the rooftops. He doesn't attack you or anything, but by God is he creepy.

Yeah that was a pretty creepy place in HALF-LIFE 2. However I think there was a couple of creepy spots in DEAD SPACE series.

Maybe even as far as DOOM 3 too.

But really I don't really get scared in these kinda games. It mostly suspense and surprises for me.

VaultingFrog

Adept
May 2, 2013
Walmart
To be honest the creepiest places I have encountered were in FEAR (the original). Its not because the buildings were scary or anything like that. It is all about that little girl Alma... man she puts the creep factor up to 10.

NinetysBorn

Master
Jan 29, 2013
California USA
Probably anywhere in the Dead Space series and in Amnesia :eek2: just gives me chills thinking about it lol. When it comes to games though, I don't really think a location can be seen as scary. Creepy? Definitely, but not scary. Now jump scares in the middle of gaming, that can be scary ;) Absolutely love creepy atmospheres in gaming.

SOLIDSNAKEee

Salad Snack
Jan 26, 2013
Ireland
Fallout 3 subways were creepy.

I second that. Feral ghouls are creepy as hell when you here those screams in pitch black.
numb.jpg

Reactions: FREEDOM COBRA