Could this happen for me?

May 8, 2014
Query of the day: R long-distance relationship encounters possible on HALO??

Like you know that video on Youtube that went viral a few years ago of those people who met in a Halo, and then didn't meet in person until 5 YEARS later! Is that possible, does that really happen? is that actually happening right now?

Jan 10, 2013
The Union of Scree
I suppose anything is possible. Improbable but possible. We live in a world where you can literally talk to someone from across the globe. What is to stop me from wooing a girl I met on XBL? Absolutely nothing. But you also have to take care that they aren't lying to you. That could prove to be a problem. Which this is where internet safety comes in. Now all that said, it could happen to you. It would depend on your end and her end. The only thing I advise you on is be smart about it. Other than that i'm not going to tell you that you can't. Just be careful

RogerDodger

Master
Jan 20, 2013
USA
The Internet is not the proper place to socialize for reasons that are outside of the Internet. Romantic relationships require many social cues that cannot be transmitted effectively over the Internet. Dating websites understand this, as they are simply there to help meet new people and circumvent the "public" aspect of potential relationship candidates. Then people can start as acquaintances, and take their relationships off of the Internet. Obviously Halo isn't a dating website. It might be possible to meet someone (if you're looking for chicks, good luck), but the probability of your capability to socialize with them in real life is extremely unlikely due to distance.

(Although @Shiralai and I come from the same hometown, and she's a girl, but that is really a stroke of pure luck)