Map Preview Conversion Project [Beta]

Kurosaki Tensai

Proficient
Jan 30, 2013
Qc, Canada
conversion-halo-4-banner.png

Hello! The map has been baptised "RIFT". Will be released soon!

ATPlqWE.jpg

I am currently testing this Conversion map based on PsychoDuck's and Flying Shoe's gametype. This gametype is a fun imitation of the Halo Reach "Invasion" gametype, which features progressive base, vehicle and weapons unlocks.

This map is set on the sloping Erosion terrain and has the Attackers fight a tensed uphill push for map control.

What each team gets on each Phase:

ATTACKERS:

PHASE 1:
  • No unlocks this phase
PHASE 2
  • Sticky Detonator (1 spare clip)
  • Saw (1 spare clip)
  • Ghost
PHASE 3:
  • Railgun (1 spare clip)
  • Boltshot X 2 (1 spare clip each)
  • Rocket Hog
DEFENDERS

PHASE 1:
  • No unlocks this phase
PHASE 2
  • Sniper Rifle (1 spare clip)
  • 2 Pulse Grenades (30 sec)
PHASE 3:
  • Sticky Detonator(1 spare clip)
  • Scattershot (1 spare clip )
  • DMR
  • 2 Pulse Grenades (30 sec)
  • Mantis
SCREENSHOTS:
Map Overview:
ATPlqWE.jpg

PHASE 1 Overview:
DYwCv76.jpg

Initial Attackers Spawn (Forge view):
7zEfa8j.jpg

Phase 2 Objective:
OaIBvUr.jpg

Attackers (Blue) pushing the hill using the undergrounds. Red defender is overlooking the situation:
dHU0YOm.jpg

PHASE 3 Objective Structures:
SPgosI3.jpg

PHASE 3 Vehicles clashing:
l6q8hF5.jpg

To-fix list as asked by players:
  • Fix spawns (pretty much done)
  • Vehicle and weapons balancing
  • Make Attackers spawn farther from Phase 1 objective (Needs testing, but done)(Psychoduck, have a look at the screenshot above, Defenders now spawn closer to the objective than the Attackers)
  • Make capture hill smaller (Done)
  • Fix Phase 2 explosives issue (Done)
  • Define attack routes better (Thinking on it)
  • FIND A GOOD NAME
As I am currently in the testing phase of the map, it is not yet available on my fileshire. If you desire to play a game on it, send me a message on here or on XBL @ " Kurosaki Tensai"
Thank you all for reading up to the end of this long post and here's to playing Conversion together sometime soon :)

Reactions: Psychoduck

Kurosaki Tensai

Proficient
Jan 30, 2013
Qc, Canada
After the Forge Cafe lobby yesterday, here are some changes I implemented to the map:

-Phase 2 garage accessible by attackers only. This means the DEF team will no longer be able to steal the Rocket Hog or the weapons inside. It should also let the attackers spawn in there as intended.
-reworked the spawning so it scales better with the phases
-Changed the back lift into Phase 3 : X51000 , no more getting stuck :)
-Removed the Fusion Coils altogether from the P2 objective for cause of general WTF reactions

X51000

Adept
Feb 2, 2013
A Box
After the Forge Cafe lobby yesterday, here are some changes I implemented to the map:

-Phase 2 garage accessible by attackers only. This means the DEF team will no longer be able to steal the Rocket Hog or the weapons inside. It should also let the attackers spawn in there as intended.
-reworked the spawning so it scales better with the phases
-Changed the back lift into Phase 3 : X51000 , no more getting stuck :)

hahaha that darn lift :laugh:
test out the other lifts, the blue team got stuck somewhere else during the last test :/

Kurosaki Tensai

Proficient
Jan 30, 2013
Qc, Canada
There is only one other lift, and you'd have to be bad at using Halo lifts to get stuck in it. I'll try to see if I can get stuck in it somehow, and how to solve it.