Map Preview City of Grey

Zandril

HC Veteran
May 2, 2013
42 Wallaby Way, Sydney
www.youtube.com
City of Grey
by Zandril S312
MAP DOWNLOAD: https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/.../details/c97db885-5798-4c14-be02-9144dd42096b

GAMETYPE DOWNLOAD: https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/.../details/3ea70f60-9df4-4bdf-bf07-dccd544bea18

*If you find any bugs in the map, let me know. The link leads to a very good version of the map but it is not yet final.

*Be wary of the very last door. If you get to the third phase and the shield door didn't even spawn, let me know here. I've had problems before with that door glitching out.

*The map is best played with 12-14 players.

City of Grey is the second Flood map that I've created in Halo. I was inspired to make this map because of my Floner which I acquired in a BIOC lobby some time ago.

My sudden liking to Flood led me to play a lot of Flood maps. Through this, I realized that my favorite type of Flood map were linear/progressive Flood maps.

It only made sense for me to make my own. I basically wanted to create a fast paced linear Flood map that will be very difficult for the humans to win. Difficult but possible. I'm very glad to say that City of Grey is exactly how I wanted it to be.

This map is also the first linear Flood map in Halo 4 that has a Warthog driving section.

SCREENSHOTS (Some of the pictures are outdated)

Humans spawn at the beach

The starting Flood spawn above them

In the first phase, The Flood are given different ways to attack the humans. They can go through the active teleporter or take a right and attack from the first or second floor of a building

If all humans are still alive by the end of the first phase, they're in good shape.

This short dash from the first phase to the second phase is more dangerous than it looks. Always watch your back, your buddy's back, and the skies.

This picture of the second phase is outdated. There is now just an elevated platform to the left instead of a whole second floor. This makes this phase more balanced because some humans are more vulnerable on the ground but have a turret to defend themselves.

If you get past the second phase, congratulations. That's no easy feat especially if the Flood are playing well and intelligently. But it's not over yet. Grab a vehicle as fast as you can and drive.

Don't think being in the Warthog means your perfectly safe. The Flood will be dropping down on you again.

If there are at least 4 humans when they get to the third and final phase, they will be rewarded with another Warthog. Two warthogs in the final phase? Two moving turrets? Isn't that too much? No.

The Flood are given a huge height advantage not to mention numerous ways to attack.

The Flood are given two teleporters which provide different options for the Flood. It is at this phase, where the humans will truly be tested. The Flood will be dropping down from nearly every angle. It will literally rain Flood.

Plus, if the Flood play well, there will be very few humans at the third phase which just makes the Flood rain a little bit heavier.

Can you survive?

Final notes:
-It's helpful to the Flood if they are able to infect one or two humans off spawn.
-Make no mistake, this is a difficult map. But it is possible to succeed. If the map seems like a walk in the park, there are only two possible causes. Either the humans are incredibly well coordinated or the Flood are being stupid.
-The Flood can sprint.
-No one has beaten the map yet. Can you? ;)

Thanks for reading! Many thanks to these guys for their help with the map!

- REMkings
- The 0micron
- Charles Stoot
- Shadow KryPTiiC
- Elliot
- PA1NTS
- Pol Wah
- @-Orzium-
- @xtoungexlovex

Last edited:

PA1NTS

Master
Jan 1, 2013
Love this map so far. I had 2 really intense rounds. I think I may have even ran out of ammo I killed so many zombies. Anyway, can't wait to see the 3rd phase sometime.

Reactions: Zandril

ChewyNutCluster

BK Forger Extraordinaire
Jan 13, 2013
installation 04
I thought I hated flood until I played this. The vehicle part is just so damn epic! It gives you a sort of Halo campaign warthog run feel that leads into a firefight type situation. Very unique for a flood map to have such variation in itself.

10/10 would play again :y:

Reactions: Buddy and Zandril

Zandril

HC Veteran
May 2, 2013
42 Wallaby Way, Sydney
www.youtube.com
New links are up!

-The map now uses delayed senders instead of receivers. This eliminates any and all confusion regarding teleporters.
-The second phase no longer has a second floor. It is now just an elevated platform similar to the one in the first phase. This makes the bottom used more since there's limited space on the platform. It also balances things out by giving the more vulnerable humans a turret.
-Fixed the issue where the door to the safe room doesn't even spawn.
-Added weapons at the safe room and gave some ARs in the map more ammo.
-Fixed some holes and bad boundaries.

Hopefully, I'll be posting CoG in the archives soon. The map is nearing completion.

Reactions: REMkings

Buddy

Master
Feb 8, 2013
Germany
www.youtube.com
There you go, @Zandril . :) I jumped in Forge mode so I could see all kill boundaries...

I hope i could help you with that. ;)

LINK

(For the others here: I broke the map with jumping skills so that during the game nobody could camp at a certain point. Do you want your map to be tested, too? PM me.)

Last edited:
Reactions: Zandril