Gaming Choosing headsets through specifics

RogerDodger

Master
Jan 20, 2013
USA
You can ask me about basically any visual spec, but with audio I'm clueless. While browsing through headsets, I'd always wondered what made their prices so different besides the exterior details.

This article helps explain some of the concepts behind headset technology. I found it insightful and thought that it may be of assistance to perspective shoppers.

When you've found an appealing headset for your price range at your local store, it may not list all the details. Generally the advertizement crew puts together what the producer site provides, and leaves out some information.

If you want more specs, try copying the model number/product name and look it up from the company's site. They might not detail their product as completely as this article discusses, but at least you can interpret whatever is available. Ordering online directly from the producer might work, but you may find cheaper alternatives elsewhere.

PandaMan

Master
Jan 24, 2013
California
plug.dj
As do I.
o/

I wouldn't buy anything radical if you plan on getting the new Xbox on launch, however. It's unable to use the current gen of headsets, apparently. Kind of sucks because I JUST dropped $200 on my x42s :(

Well, I'm not selling my 360, so I'll keep mine.

Any idea if we'll have inter-console playability?

pinohkio

Proficient
Dec 30, 2012
New Brunswick, Canada
Well, I'm not selling my 360, so I'll keep mine.

Any idea if we'll have inter-console playability?

It depends. I know Bungie wants cross platform support because to their servers it's all the same data, and it would just make sense. Wether or not the XboxOne can share with the 360 is up in the air though.