Capture Card HELP. Need to disable JIT debugging.

PA1NTS

Master
Jan 1, 2013
As the title suggests, I need help with a capture card that I just bought. It is a Diamond Multimedia HD Game Capture. It comes with a program called DM Cap. The problem is, whenever I start up the program I get an error saying that JIT debugging needs to be either enabled or disabled (not sure which one.) This has proven to be quite the challenge. I usually can fix any problem on a PC but I tried for 4 hours with no results.

This is where you come in, prove your nerdiness, show me how to change Just-In-Time Debugging, it's hopefully what is stopping the program from starting up.

I'm not sure how to tag members, but maybe someone like big stack or insane could help me. I am SO close to having my capture card working. It's killing me.

fu72tt.jpg

PA1NTS

Master
Jan 1, 2013
Do you want it enabled or disabled?

I'm not quite sure. I'm getting the error that tells me I should enable it. But isn't JIT debugging the automatic error message itself? Maybe I need to disable it. I don't know. If I don't find an answer soon im gunna just return the capture card. Hopefully I won't get the same error with a different brand of capture card

EDIT: I'll post the whole error message when I get home if u want that might help.

BigStack

Server Caretaker
Staff member
Dec 23, 2012
Should have got the black magic card / or box I love them... I will look.

* Do you have the latest .net framework installed?

I know that JIT is part of "Visual Studio" You might need to dependancys of that installed or a C++ run-time environment.

PA1NTS

Master
Jan 1, 2013
Ya the disk that came with the cap card had 3.5 framework. I even installed framework 4.0 to make sure. Still got the error.

And this is what I got when I tried installing Visual Studio.

2vblzxy.jpg

I think im just gunna take it back. I don't wanna waste anymore time with a capture card that doesn't wanna cooperate. Plus, I don't know anything about visual studio or C++. The capture card I bought was the only HD one they had at best buy though. I'm gunna go take a look at the apple store I hear they have El Gato capture cards.

The whole thing is pissing me off. I'd just rather take it back, get one that is more commonly known and hopefully not get the same error. If I do, I'll be back posting in this thread to discuss Visual Studio and/or C++.

Thanks alot man.